Steelers Draft and Mel Kiper sucks thread!!

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by Steelroc74, Mar 24, 2013.

1. notacos4u Starter

Steelers have solved all their WR issues with their latest signing, Scotty Miller who killed it last year with a jaw dropping 11 catches for an astounding 161 yards last year for…. guess who, Atlanta…. Ok surely I’m joking, but we’ll see if he can add a little pressure to the lower rated WR

gidion72 likes this.
  2. nybites M.V.P. Steelers UCONN

Scotty is no joke man. Injured most of 2019 and 2021 for some odd reason he was still available! At 5-9 175 he should be a dominant force in the passing g game. :wall:

gidion72 likes this.
  3. gidion72 Legend Steelers

At least they didn’t have to break the bank

4. beachbum M.V.P. Manager Steelers

I'm sure it's a vet minimum deal. So basically a camp invite.

gidion72 likes this.
  5. nybites M.V.P. Steelers UCONN

How about inviting players that sit with the adult table for the Holidays?

gidion72 likes this.
  6. gidion72 Legend Steelers

Because they aren’t available until June

7. gidion72 Legend Steelers

Watched some Peyton Wilson highlights, this dude might be a allpro as a rookie. He dominates like Ray Lewis used to.

8. StlCrtn Franchise Player Steelers

He will play if Roberts or Queen gets hurt. Both are better options at the moment and it allows him to adjust to the speed. He will grind it out in special teams this year and then look to start beside Queen next year.

also, his college film is very reminiscent of Luke Keuchly.

gidion72 likes this.
  9. nybites M.V.P. Steelers UCONN

Liking what I am seeing and hearing about Daijan Edwards the UDFA RB out of Georgia.
    Steelers doing their homework on Najee, really good player, wait and see on an extension I guess. Reading he is a very good locker room presence.

gidion72 likes this.
  10. MaineofSteel Franchise Player Steelers

Crtn ... don't remember where either Depot or Steel Curtain but they had an interview with Keuchly who said he was jealous of Wilson for his speed and vision. The original authored of the article said exactly as you ... man this kid reminds me of Luke Keuchly, also grad of the Wolpack.

If he can remain healthy he's our pick of the draft underdog who reminds me a lot of Jack Lambert

Last edited: May 11, 2024
    gidion72 likes this.
  11. StlCrtn Franchise Player Steelers

Kuechly went to BC. But I feel like Wilson has a chance to be what Devin Bush was supposed to be. Unfortunately, he wasn’t the same after suffering the knee injury against Ohio St.

nybites and gidion72 like this.
  12. MaineofSteel Franchise Player Steelers

Yeah. mixed my metaphors reading an excellent article on Wilson's admiration for Coach Cowher, who did come from the Wolfpack. Unfortunately that carried over to my last post ... :wall:

gidion72 and StlCrtn like this.
  13. nybites M.V.P. Steelers UCONN

Looking into the 2025 draft class, good class for a DL and RB, not so much depth at WR. it's top heavy (top 50) This could change with Juniors declaring early. I will bet dollars to donuts the first 2 picks will be DL and WR. If they lose out Ebuka, McMillan, Graham, Walker I would pull the trigger on Malki Starks. Do something like find Minkahs replacement before you are locked into round 1 safety. What will help is that a lot of OT are in the top 25, not a need and marginal QB will go top 15 again.,
    StlCrtn and I were talking, we like Graham he's a stud, and Bond WR on day 2, if he lasts has huge upside. Hopefully Kahn signs a WR2 in FA after June 1st, or cherry picks one off another teams roster when the final cuts come in late summer. Then there is also 2025 to explore free agents.

gidion72 likes this.
  14. beachbum M.V.P. Manager Steelers

Evan Stewart is 1b to Luther Burden. Stud.