NFL - Random Opinions

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Campbell, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Jeanquev Legend Steelers

They say the only dumb questions are the ones not asked so then they only dumb parties are the ones not thrown

2. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

I'm just looking back at the Eagles drafts the last 3 seasons and man they have now completey replaced the interior offensive line. Landon Dickerson drafted early 2nd 2021. Became a starter at LG after week 3. Cam Jurgens drafted mid 2nd 2022. Sat a year and was starting at RG in 2023 and now will move to C. Tyler Steen drafted early 3rd 2023. Sat a year and will be first in line at RG this season. The draft this year had some linemen but they appear to be just for depth. We'll see.

Last edited: May 9, 2024
    Willie and beachbum like this.
  3. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

Off hand I dont know who the Offensive Line coach is, but he seems to do well.

And then enters the Cowboys turned Bolts guy who lost the offense in LA guy, OC Kellen Moore. He has some work to do and pieces to work with. He says there will be some 'tweaks'.

"Certainly, we're really excited about the guys that we have in place here," he said. "A lot of guys who can do a lot of different roles and a lot of variety. That excites us as far as just the way we can present things for the defense, challenge people pre-snap with all the different alignments and personnel groups that we can play with.

"That will be a continuing building process. I think the biggest thing is having clear identity of who we want to be, and ultimately week in and week out understanding their role certainly through a game.

"There's going to be certain games where guys are going to get more attention than others, understand that you're a big part of it. You may have the big-time assist on a play that gives us an opportunity for someone else to score a touchdown. Maybe the next week now it goes vice versa and someone else has to help the other guy out.

"So, I think there's that continuous trust as we build this thing."

Kenneth Gainwell (RB2, at this point), thinks the players need to communicate more with each other and express themselves, basically become close-knit. After the hot start and then the unprecedented implosion down the stretch, he thinks a lot of the problem was just a lack of players communicating and working things out.

IMO, the talent is certainly there, maybe coaching needs to amp things up and motivate more... keep these guys fired up for 17 games.

LAOJoe likes this.
  4. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

Eagles coaching on both sides was too basic and by the time they got tot the end for the season teams figured them out and they never adjusted themselves. The NFL isn't a league run by talent alone.

Willie likes this.
  5. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

Since Im here on the 'Random Opinions' thread, Ive got a gripe again. Ive beat this dead horse before, now Im going to stomp on his head.

The delay in the schedule release is rumored to be because the NFL and Netflix is mulling over a deal that would send the 2 Christmas games to Netflix. How in hell is this even a thought? The multi-billion-dollar NFL industry is flipping the bird at the common TV watching fan of the NFL and on Christmas of all things. The NFL is set to make $50M to $100M for each Christmas game... so lets all go out and subscribe to Netflix.

Last year the 3 games were split with CBS, NBC and ABC/ESPN, but apparently thats not good enough for the NFL so they are contemplating even more money at the common fans expense. Not everybody is computer savvy, so a lot of people, IF this comes to fruition, wont see the games on Christmas day without making other arrangements.

This move isnt written in stone yet and I hope people with even half a brain will call this off.

gidion72 and LAOJoe like this.
  6. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

NFL schedule makers pissing me the fuck off right now. We made plans years ago to go to Jags @ Bills next time it was scheduled because Jeff is a Jags fan. Last year one of the non-common games happened to be Jags @ Bills but they made the game in London. This year was it's actual 6-year rotation and they put it on MNF. As expected I talk to Jeff and he's such a work pussy he doesn't want to ask for 2 days off or even a half day off Monday and a full day off Tuesday. Fucking shit man. He works roads but knowing it, that day will be called off for rain anyways and it will be too late to get a ticket or he won't have his passport.

7. gidion72 Legend Steelers

They could have scheduled it for christmas

8. IrishDawg42 Legend Manager Browns Buckeyes Fighting Irish

Piss him off and go without him

LAOJoe likes this.
  9. Jeanquev Legend Steelers

Sounds like you're not.pissed at the NFL you're pissed at Jeff

LAOJoe likes this.
  10. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

Oh I'm pissed at both of them. If I can find decent tickets later I will buy them and if he doesn't claim a ticket I'm just gonna give it away to my other brother or dad.

Jeanquev likes this.
  11. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

I say other brother because the one was always coming along.

12. Jeanquev Legend Steelers

I feel your pain though in 2014 the Steelers had a Monday night game vs the Titans and I was going to go and take my middle daughter is is the only big Steelers fan of the the three. Well being a Monday night game of course be late getting and was thinking i would let her skip school the next day. She had some sort of test though and couldn't miss and she didn't want to be up late because of the test. Damn school and education what's it ever done for anyone.

13. gidion72 Legend Steelers

Kids these days. Screw the test I’m going to the Steelers game.

Jeanquev and Willie like this.
  14. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

Anything grade 10 and under don't sweat it. That's what I've learned. Nothing there really matters as long as you learn it and are ready for next year.

Jeanquev and Willie like this.