WDF Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Worldwide Dynasty Federation' started by Campbell, Apr 29, 2023.

1. IrishDawg42 Legend Manager Browns Buckeyes Fighting Irish

I’ll be there. Good luck to you as well!

Willie likes this.
  2. RTTRUTH Legend Manager Colts

I’ve got another draft going on today too.

But much longer time frames so I should be able to focus adequately.

3. RTTRUTH Legend Manager Colts

If anyone wants 1.11 / 2.1 / 3.1 we should talk about potential deals soon.

Trading sounds difficult during draft

4. Campbell Administrator Manager Commissioner

Shouldn't be much of an issue.

Got the message bar to keep communication going and the regular FF trade to confirm things.

I have a separate spreadsheet set up with the draft board to track all trades in case I need to rearrange any roster post draft.

IrishDawg42 and Willie like this.
  5. Campbell Administrator Manager Commissioner

Good luck to everyone this evening.
    :cheers:

6. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

We need to fix something irking me. It's the WDF but here it's WDL.

Campbell likes this.
  7. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

I thought the same thing before, but didnt say anything, but FF says WDF so I role with that. In my mind its the WTFWDLWDF League.

Thought Id just say something and thinking isnt my strong suit, soot, sute.

8. Campbell Administrator Manager Commissioner

WTF?

Willie and LAOJoe like this.
  9. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

Ya you missed the contract page WTFWDLWDF?

Campbell likes this.
  10. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

That was a fun/interesting draft last night. Sitting at #9 I was torn all day on what trigger to pull. I wanted one of the top 4 or 5 QB's to snag if they fell, especially McCarthy, just to stash for now because I have 3 QB1's on my roster now, but I thought he would be a good fit for covering injury risks and a solid future. So when it was my turn, I was ripped apart on McCarthy or a WR which is what I was looking at, so I snagged Worthy based on my WR depth which isnt premium and the Mahomes as his QB situation. Needless to say I came away with no QB's but did land some WR help and RB depth/choices.

RTTRUTH, IrishDawg42 and Campbell like this.
  11. IrishDawg42 Legend Manager Browns Buckeyes Fighting Irish

Same Willie... I would have liked to come away with McCarthy with my second round pick, but sitting at #5 was just way too high to spend on any of these QBs, imho. I had to decide between the 3rd best WR, or, again imho, the only high ceiling RB in this class. We all know, any of these RBs can (and probably will) fall into a great situation and end up becoming a nice point scorer in this league. It was quite the quandry between Brooks and Odunze. End of the day, Brooks, if healthy, will be a major part of his offense. Odunze, I truly feel is the 3rd best WR in this draft and worthy of a top 5 pick in our draft.. However, he is also #3 on the receiver chart behind DJ Moore and Keenan Allen. He will most likely move ahead of Allen in 2025, but who knows when Allen's production is gone? He's coming off his best season as a pro at the age of 32. He might be done now, or he might have a couple years left in him. If it's the latter, then Odunze will be the unfortunate recipient of having the backburner seat for productive stats. I also don't trust Caleb Williams. He might take off like CJ Stroud did, but I think it is more likely he is near the bottom of the league in 2024 and never climbs higher than middle of the pack. He has a TON of weapons this year, so if he can't succeed now, he may never succeed at all. The Bears are the team to watch for marked improvement.

Anyway, at the end of the day, I thought that barring injury, Jonathan Brooks had the best opportunity to score my team points moving forward.

The kicker is...

If I hadn't taken Brooks, I would have more than likely taken Xavier Worthy to pair with Mahomes. I already have his #1 wide receiver in Rashee Rice, but Worthy has a chance of supplanting him of that role. The bigger question is when will Travis Kelce start to diminish? Either Mahomes has a record breaking season, or one of the 3 will be on the lower threshold of start ability.

So many questions going into this draft... The only person I have a really high opinion of is Marvin Harrison Jr. and he would have been way too expensive to move up for.

RTTRUTH, Willie and Campbell like this.
  12. RTTRUTH Legend Manager Colts

Well I was in a unique spot.
    I’ve had 3 drafts so far.
    Picked 10 in first (SF TE-Premium IDP)
    12 in the second (^^^ samesies^^^)

And had the honor of picking 1st/11th/13th/23rd in this league (with very different format). So my take was that I was set at QB(Burrow/Kyler), better on defense than my scoring last year suggests (N.Bosa and Micah had down years), so I was focused on impact WR/RB all the way.

MHJ was a no-brainer at 1. After 3 drafts I finally got a Trey Benson share. Took Corum in a good offense at 13 because if he overtakes Kyren he can score in that situation.
    At 23 took a flier on a RL 1st round pick I viewed as more of a #2. But for lack of elite options I let the draft capital metrics make that easy.
    Then I took Roman Wilson, Laiatu Latu, and Estime with my next few. Thinking they each have a chance to emerge as scorers within the next 24 months.

All sounds exciting. But keep in mind, I got some of this in part because I gave up Ceedee Lamb after starting horribly last year. Time will tell if that trade was worth it.

IrishDawg42 and Willie like this.
  13. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

I wanted a QB. Got him and then traded him. If I knew I probably take JJ in the 2nd but oh well. Rodgers and Lawrence better do me well for a few seasons.

Willie likes this.
  14. IrishDawg42 Legend Manager Browns Buckeyes Fighting Irish

I have to say, I was very disappointed when JJ was taken one pick before me in the 2nd... I had to regroup. I have my main QB, but Cousins won't be at the top of his game forever. I would like a young player to have on the roster.

15. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

So we need to be at 35 with taxi before the season starts right?

16. Campbell Administrator Manager Commissioner

The calendar has the cut dates.

IrishDawg42 likes this.
  17. IrishDawg42 Legend Manager Browns Buckeyes Fighting Irish

30 active, then you can have up to 5 taxi, and it also doesn't count IR... So theoretically, if you have 6 on IR, you could have up to 41.

18. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

Having fun with the work Irish and co. gave you today, @Campbell ?

19. Campbell Administrator Manager Commissioner

No big deal.

LAOJoe likes this.