General Hoops Discussion

Discussion in 'NCAA Basketball' started by LAOJoe, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Catfish Guest

2. Catfish Guest

3. Catfish Guest

4. Catfish Guest

https://www.cbssports.com/college-b...hree-is-one-of-years-worst-beats-for-bettors/

i swear some of these games are rigged. or someone got to a kid on the team. it's been done many times before. and 3-4 years ago in a NCAA March Madness game, a player and team was down by 15 with 6 seconds to go. Kid on losing team launches a meaningless 3 at the end of the game. He made it and change the betting outcome. Why on earth would he attempt a meaningless 3 unless he knew the betting line. same as last night ?

and if you seen the movie Goodfellas, a big part of Jimmy Conway's life, real name Jimmy Burke (Robert DeNiro), they didn't mention in the movie, was the Boston College betting scandal he set up in the late 70's with the hoops team point shaving on games. He went to jail for it and was the start of his downfall with long jail sentences.

5. Catfish Guest

6. Catfish Guest

7. Catfish Guest

8. gidion72 Legend Steelers

9. Catfish Guest

against 6' foot white guys! hahahahha.

come on Gid. it's quite an accomplishment - college or pro.

gidion72 likes this.
  10. gidion72 Legend Steelers

EWilt won 1 NBA championship thanks to a team full of black dudes in Boston. They only had 8 championships in a row and 10 in 11 years. Almost twice as many as Jordan had in his career.

11. Catfish Guest

really just 1 - Russell. haha. Wasn't Bob Cousy and John Havilchek white ?

12. gidion72 Legend Steelers

The Celtics were the first team to start a full black lineup. It was during the Bill Russel years.

13. Catfish Guest

ok but Bob Cousy was a star for them and he played with Russell I believe and he's white.

14. gidion72 Legend Steelers

I think Russel might have been the only player to make it from the beginning to the end of that incredible streak.

15. Catfish Guest

way bf my time. they hitched the wagons to him to the promise land and never stopped for a decade! haha.

gidion72 likes this.
  16. gidion72 Legend Steelers

My two favorite teams in the NBA are the Celtics and the Spurs. I have always liked the Celtics but the Spurs caught my fancy because I lived in San Antonio starting the season they drafted Tim Duncan.

Catfish likes this.
  17. Jeanquev Legend Steelers

Hope everyone else had better luck on their 2023 bracket than I did. I have zero of the final 4.

gidion72 likes this.
  18. nybites M.V.P. Steelers UCONN

UCONN back to back. Whoo hoo.

gidion72 likes this.