MLB - NEWS & NOTES

Discussion in 'MLB General Discussion Board' started by Willie, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Vancouver Volcanos Franchise Player

Ok. Who had the Phillies and Diamondbacks in the NLCS?

Great question Dirk......

I have a repeat of Last years (22) WS.....Astros vs the Phillies.

We will see how this plays out.....I picked the Dodgers to win the WS and that ain't happening.

gidion72 and dirk275 like this.
  2. dirk275 Franchise Player Steelers

Yeah, I think Astros-Phillies is the safe bet. Of course, what's safe this season.

gidion72 likes this.
  3. gidion72 Legend Steelers

I had the Braves winning it all.

4. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

Philadelphia security ladies and gentlemen. Eagles need to sign this guy...

dirk275 and gidion72 like this.
  5. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

I’m not terribly surprised by the Phillies, they’re built for October baseball. But their current offensive onslaught is impressive nonetheless.

The Braves and Dodgers going tits up so thoroughly and quietly was mildly surprising.

The Rangers pitching is by far the biggest surprise of October so far.

6. Vancouver Volcanos Franchise Player

The Braves and Dodgers going tits up so thoroughly and quietly was mildly surprising.

Yup agree that UD

gidion72 likes this.
  7. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Phillies follow the Astros getting double-dipped at home up 3-2.

Kinda makes me wistful for the days of arguing with Cat about the value of home field advantage.

Hope he’s doing OK

8. dirk275 Franchise Player Steelers

....and, I'm completely wrong.

Willie likes this.
  9. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

So many times we see this. I had the Dodgers and Braves, they clearly looked unbeatable.

NFL... Wild Card teams that barely get in win the SB.

Even in the NHL, Ive seen the Presidents Trophy winners get annihilated in the first round many, many times.

Its all about who gets hot, right at the right moment. I guess the trick is, just get into the Playoffs and anything can and usually happens.

10. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

you weren’t wrong…Phils and Astros were absolutely the safe bets

dirk275 and gidion72 like this.
  11. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

Cubs hire Counsell as new manager

CHICAGO – In a stunning development, the Cubs have hired Craig Counsell to be their new manager.

The Cubs announced on Monday that Counsell will replace David Ross at the helm for the North Siders, who fell short of the postseason after a late-season fade this past season. That Chicago pried the 53-year-old Counsell away from the rival Brewers and made him the highest-paid manager in history sent shockwaves around the baseball world.

"Today we made the difficult decision to dismiss David Ross," president of baseball operations Jed Hoyer said in a statement. "On behalf of the Cubs organization, we express our deep gratitude for David's contributions to our club, both on and off the field. First as a player and then as a manager, David continually showcased his ability to lead."

Sources told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand that Counsell's pact with the Cubs is a five-year deal worth a record $40 million. The Brewers made an offer weeks ago that would have made Counsell MLB's highest-paid manager -- in the neighborhood of $5 million per year, according to MLB.com's Adam McCalvy.

MLB.com

$$$

Brewers fans may be a tad pissed. Its good for the rivalry tho?

12. Willie Head Coach Manager News & Notes Vikings

Ichiro breaks math class window with 426-ft. homer

The look on his face when he shattered the window is priceless.

upload_2023-11-6_18-17-42.png