2021 GMO Sign Up

Discussion in 'General Manager's Office' started by Campbell, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Campbell Administrator Manager Commissioner

The post June 1 has been used in the past but we try to limit it to a degree. For instance, the Saints are utilizing it in real life if Brees does retire so I am mirroring that here.

Everyone is responsible for creating and curating their own Google sheets this season. My time is too limited this year to create all 32.

2. Torgo M.V.P. Manager Falcons

Sounds good. I'll roll my own.

Lyman and Campbell like this.
  3. RTTRUTH Legend Manager Colts

You should take a look at the Texans cap situation. It’s worse than I thought.

Per our restructure rules for length of contract/remaining years I can’t adjust any of the top 3 choices I had initially intended. Bill O’Brien ran this team into the dirt as GM far beyond overpaying for Laremy Tunsil and trading away a top 3 WR for pennies on the dollar. He truly left them in possibly the worst situation in the NFL. The Saints and Rams at least have a talented roster and/or draft capital to improve. Saints might be the only team who might top the Texans brutal situation.

4. Lyman "Franchise Asshole" Browns Buckeyes

Just a cursory peek . . . But the Eagles aren't gonna make it rain either.

RTTRUTH likes this.
  5. Torgo M.V.P. Manager Falcons

It's a crazy year, for sure. The spreadsheet shows 12 teams over their initial cap needs (including the draft escrow), and six are over by $20M+. Philly and NOLA are just plain up to the neck in it, Houston doesn't have wiggle room to restructure, and the Falcons somehow ended up $27.7 million over the cap on just 30 returning roster players plus 9 practice squad guys.

Willie and RTTRUTH like this.
  6. TopDawg Legend

Same

7. YoungHawk03 Starter Dolphins

Jaguars checking in.

Campbell likes this.
  8. xinik Franchise Player Manager Giants

Giants checking in. I may be a little less active then usual this year. Lots of real life happening over here but I'll be able to do what needs doing.

Campbell likes this.
  9. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

I believe the actual NFL has a rule where only 2 players can be June 1st cuts. I'll be using them with the Eagles for sure with Jeffery and Jackson like they will IRL. Any other players they'd want to cut they have to roster until June and that player will hate it since they can't go to market.

RTTRUTH likes this.
  10. Vancouver Volcanos Franchise Player

Titans checking in.

But I think their Cap Space will be 2,783,331 M $

Dead Money will be 6,600,000 M $

The Titans are not re-signing Adam Humphries and Jadeveon Clowney and they will both be FA's

I will put Derrick Henry as Franchise Player for the Titans.

I believe we have till Friday Mar 5th to decide ?

11. Campbell Administrator Manager Commissioner

https://live4sportnetwork.com/forum/threads/2021-gmo-schedule-and-rules.32743/

12. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Henry is under contract for the next 3 years

gidion72 likes this.
  13. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Hey I’ve mentioned before that I participate in a similar exercise to this with another group…if any of y’all are looking for a GMO warmup or maybe a chance to run a team that’s not usually available here, feel free to take a look into joining this other one, we could use some additional people.

https://virtualoffseason.proboards.com/thread/550/virtual-gm-sign-thread

14. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

8 teams still up for grabs

(TEN, KC, CHI, ATL, NO, TBB, SF, SEA)

15. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

IDK if the GMO will go tits up again this year but I will just put it out there again that this other version is planning to be held again and we’re always looking for new participants for anyone interested. Usually get the sign-ups rolling a little later in January…I will check back in when the guy who runs it opens it up.

RTTRUTH likes this.
  16. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Signup thread is open!

https://virtualoffseason.proboards.com/thread/634/virtual-gm-sign-thread?page=1#post-10599

17. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  18. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Jets and Cards are claimed

19. Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Almost closing time…Bills, Chargers, Chiefs, and Vikings still looking for someone to take them home…