Runner, Boxer, Martial Arts Expert or Crossfitter?

Discussion in 'Physical Fitness' started by babyfan, Feb 20, 2016.

1. babyfan Legend Patreon Platinum Bears Babyfan's P.C. Yoga

@Tim that's an amazing little clip!! You have a TON of power behind your punches ... holy smokes! We have a heavy bag in our basement that Terry works with but I don't. Terry says it's just an accident waiting to happen when I start swinging at it.

@Willie I was going to suggest that you look for some good HIIT workouts online and use them for your cardio. I think most of them last about 15 minutes at the highest intensity you can go. You don't need any equipment for them either. Burpees, jumping jacks, squats, pushups etc ...
    Throw in a few runs each week and your cardio is covered.

I like how you schedule your workouts Tim. It makes a lot of sense to go back and forth from heavy to light weights and then to no weight-lifting for awhile. That's a good way of tricking your muscles and really challenging them.

Campbell and Willie like this.
  2. babyfan Legend Patreon Platinum Bears Babyfan's P.C. Yoga

So I'm back to being a gym rat. I decided to add some Crossfit into my fitness regime and I am having a blast!! I teach yoga at a local crossfit gym and they were kind enough to offer me a membership at a ridiculously low price so I grabbed it :) I'm doing four 60 minute boot camp classes every week and lifting on 2 other days. I also teach approximately 10 Yoga and Tai Chi classes every week so my heart is full. My heart is full and my body is sore LOL ...
    There's something to be said about adding a big cardio program into your fitness regime. I absolutely love working to the fullest extent that I can go (as long as I'm still breathing I'm happy) and to feel good afterwards. After watching your speed ball video Tim I'm going to suggest to the gym owner that he put one up as well as the heavy bag he already has. I really want to see if I can do it without knocking myself senseless ... ;)

Campbell and Willie like this.
  3. AxeMurderer Legend Cowboys

Got clearance yesterday from my orthopedic surgeon that I can start transitioning from resistance bands to weights in my ongoing shoulder rehab!

gidion72, Catfish and Campbell like this.
  4. Catfish Guest

^^ congrats Axe. Good for you. take it light !

AxeMurderer likes this.