World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'World Cup' started by LAOJoe, Jun 6, 2018.

1. skinny123 Guest

Big rivalry with Mexico, Azteca stadium is high in altitude and holds 100k people, very tough place to play. I don't think canada has ever won there.

Catfish likes this.
  2. skinny123 Guest

DeMarcus Beasley to be honored friday night in Orlando as the USMNT takes on Canada for a WC qualification match at 7 pm.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2019
    Catfish likes this.
  3. skinny123 Guest

Canada vs US

7 pm

4. Vancouver Volcanos Franchise Player

OUCH.........good old fashion S H I T kicking by the USA.............4-1.........Kudos.

Catfish likes this.
  5. skinny123 Guest

It was on SN, just not the one I get, horrible game 3-0 after 35'. The US was even missing the top striker and a few others.

6. LAOJoe Assistant Coach Manager Patreon Silver Maple Leafs Eagles

And because CONCACAF is so dumb Canada is likely out of the hex even though they are probably one of the 6 best teams. Using Fifa points for hex rankings when half the teams these teams play against in confederation are not part of Fifa is just dumb. Trinidad for instance played plenty of friendlies they were expected to lose but then CONCACAF ducks them by making them matter. They would have never scheduled them then. Teams in Nation Leagues B and C can get in thanks to wins vs shittier opponents instead of Ls vs good opponents and FIFA rankings give too much credit to long forgotten success as far as CONCACAF goes after the top few teams. Rankings should never be for exclusivity. Now only 6 teams have a chance to play for one of 3 automatically berths. The other 29 need to play highlander just to have a series against the 4th place privileged team and then they need to beat another team from another continent on top of that.

Catfish likes this.
  7. skinny123 Guest

It sucks that a country now approaching 40M, resources, and a pro league, can't beat out these 3rd world islands.

Catfish likes this.
  8. Catfish Guest

FIFA Blows!

9. Catfish Guest