Recent card sales.....

Discussion in 'Cards and Collectibles' started by Catfish, Oct 5, 2016.

1. igloofn68 Guest

I agree completely......I'm only going so low from what I paid or I'm not selling........

2. Catfish Guest

igloo-i wish i had the money to buy some of ur cards/auto/items bc it's a incredible collection and that is based off of emails and conversations only. i know there's more to it etc. i could blow a lot of money fast on your items. that's how rare and good it is! maybe 1 day, i can come to you with $5000 and go shopping at the igloo card store. haha.

3. Catfish Guest

market just stinks. cards going for less than paid and value price just months later. buyers crying "that's what it's worth?" no it's not. buyers don't determine value. it's not worth to buy even top cards say over $1000 bc if you sell them, people won't pay what you paid for them and cry cheap. terrible. so glad im done.

4. Catfish Guest

saw 1 auction for $500 and a live one at $245 and counting. Tebow is a fad and it shall pass!

5. Catfish Guest

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/a...-aunts-attic-that-could-fetch-over-1-million/

the new fad now is if you have a vintage pack of cards - don't open it. they will grade the pack as it and encapsulate it with a grade. to me that's nuts. i wanna see what's in those packs! $1 mil in unreal for this stuff unopened! and it doesn't say who was in the 48 Bowman's either. I have a hard time believing it's worth $500,000 without seeing who is in there. If it's Jackie Robinson, Feller, Berra, Dimaggio, Williams etc then yes, but they better be pristine.

6. Catfish Guest

StlCrtn likes this.
  7. Catfish Guest

[​IMG]

this is a 2014 issue of SI correctly predicting the Astros 2017 WS win!! Going for big bucks on eBay. Craziness!

StlCrtn likes this.
  8. Catfish Guest

non-sports. a 1977 pristine Star Wars first 12 original figures, card backs and mail away stand went for $1800 on eBay. that's high considering the action figures weren't seal shut in their cardbacks.

StlCrtn likes this.
  9. Catfish Guest

StlCrtn likes this.
  10. Catfish Guest

wow-monster weekend. if you know me, you know i had and sold my rare 1919 game 1 Black Sox tix. I always regretted it. Well over the weekend, i struck a deal for another one!!!!

[​IMG] i wish it was the middle of the tix which looks like this : upload_2018-7-17_10-25-25.jpeg but they rarely come up for sale, i can't be picky.

StlCrtn likes this.
  11. Catfish Guest

i also struck a deal for a rare 1980 Miracle on Ice ticket as well ! these don't come up for sale often! had to strike bf someone else did !

upload_2018-7-17_10-26-41.jpeg

12. Catfish Guest

13. Catfish Guest

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...g-card-sells-for-ebay-record-price-of-350100/

never seen this card before in my life. and it's altered? insane price. i understand there's only 10 of them but there are rarer cards out there serial number stamped 1/5, 1/10 etc and they don't go for this price. his rookie graded mint 10 doesn't go for this price. insane. the card is altered too, so to me it's not like his rookie card which is the real holy grail.

14. Catfish Guest

15. Catfish Guest

16. Catfish Guest