2019 Pittsburgh Pirates

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Pirates' started by steelersking, Apr 22, 2019.

1. steelersking M.V.P. Steelers

So far pretty nice start to the season. Starting pitching has been awesome, Bell is hitting long distance again. Martin, Shuck, and even Reyas at times have looked really good. Growing pains for sure, but they've shown flashes. Add in Tucker and they seem to be in for a good season, especially when their starting OF comes back (Dickerson, Marte, Polanco). Melky Cabrerra has shown he's got something still in the tank, Cervelli has been great on defense, in a bit of a slump at the plate. The Bullpen is where there are some concerns. They have given up a couple leads late in the game, Kela throws hard, but he's been knocked around a lot early in the year. I say a prayer every time Rodriguez comes into the game. Crick was injured early, and they appear to be using him sparingly, which I hope is health related because he's been better than Rodriguez and Kela. Vasquez looks to be locked in early, and Liriano has looked ok out of the bullpen. Honestly this team looks good, and should be getting relatively healthy. Unfortunately they still play in the same division as the Brewers, Cardinals and Cubs. Almost any other division they'd be the favorites to take the division. In the NL Central, they could finish anywhere from first to last and nobody would be all that surprised. Should be in the race deep into the year. Let's go Bucs!

Catfish and Willie like this.
  2. Catfish Guest

Buccos have been a nice surprise. i have Bell in fantasy and he's been a gem at 1b. I think Archer is the key to the Bucs success overall. He's the ace they need to thrive and win big games for them..