Vacation

Discussion in 'Life and Leisure' started by foresight, Feb 19, 2017.

1. foresight Part Time Starter

I'm taking my family out of the country for the first time in almost 7 years. We're headed to Australia for a month. :)

My wife and I are both retired and my daughter, son and daughter in-law all were able to make it work for a couple weeks at a time for each. We'll have 3 grandkids with us as well.

Anybody ever been? They gave us a rather large list of things to do but I was curious if anyone had some spots they thought were definitely worth seeing.

We'll be leaving tomorrow at 11am. I've been looking forward to this for almost a year.

2. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

not me fore. never been out of the US. I could never do a flight that long regardless. have back problems and would need to walk around etc on the plane and stretch my legs as my legs and quads cramp up on longer US flights.

Have a fantastic time. The trip sounds fantastic. I learned 1 thing from my nephew who went to Paris -- make sure your camera has extra batteries and a flashcard in it and #2 bring a extra camera. His entire Paris trip photos was lost when his flashcard in his camera malfunctioned and he lost all his photos.

SAfe travels and tell us all about it when u return.

3. AxeMurderer Legend Cowboys

Wouldn't have been able to help out even if I had seen this a few days ago - I've never been to Australia.

I'd love to go - maybe in a couple years; my wife has a cousin who's going to live in Australia for a few years while his son is going to high school there.

4. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

it's only March and many staff here are taking off already. im saving my time this year. this time last year, i used 3 vacation days on dumb shit. not i have a full 4 weeks left. ah.

5. foresight Part Time Starter

We've been traveling the Asian Pacific for about the last month. We're catching a flight tonight into southern China and then traveling by boat and bus to the North. We will be spending some time camping and touring some off the grid spots with a group of about 20 other tourists. The most interesting part of this, and the main reason we took the trip to begin with, is that some of my wife's family comes from this area. She has had correspondence with them through the mail so we will be meeting some of them for the first time. There's no internet shortly beyond the city we are organizing in and once we get so far out, cell phones rarely work.

I've done a lot of camping in my time but the wife is a bit sketchy on the whole idea of roughing it. I'm not sure how she's going to cope without being able to talk to the kids. She either talks or texts them each at least once a day.

I'm all for getting away for awhile. Retiring young definitely has its perks. ;)

Catfish likes this.
  6. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

im finally taking off work and heading to wisconsin on wed to saturday. getting in 3 rds of golf with college buddies and seeing the packers-bears game at lambeau field. first time at lambeau. i care more about the game than golf. haha. can't wait.

7. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

lambeau was awesome except for the metal bleacher seats! can't believe it wasn't a real freaking seat! golf courses were great as well.