Pittsburgh Penguins ... Quest for a 3-peat: 2017-18

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Penguins' started by firehalo, Sep 8, 2017.

1. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 18: TEH PHIL scores to avoid the g00se. Caps beat Penz 4-1... just 5 months too late. B00M! Enjoy your 2 measly points. 9-7-2 (20 pts)

2. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 19: Pekka sends Pens off to beat their peckers. 5-4 SO. Trashville, like the Crapolas, just can't do it when it counts. 9-7-3 (21 pts)

3. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 20: TEH PHIL said unto the thirsty Apostle Sidney, "He who drinketh from this Cup, shall lift his people to glory." Sid did sippeth from the Cup and he did end the drought to tie the game at 3. And it was good. TEH PHIL saw the plight of the Apostles and delivered a blow that made the enemy weary. Praise be. In a moment of sudden death, the Apostle Sidney, whom TEH PHIL earlier blessed, shared his wealth and Apostle Connor dealt the fatal the blow to the enemy. 5-4OT. 10-7-3 (23 pts)

4. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 21: Penz take a 3-1 win. 11-7-3 (25 pts)

Game 22: Penz fall to the Dirty Chicken Hawks again, 2-1 this time (not 10-1). 11-8-3 (25 pts) ***Pens are on pace to hit 96 pts.

5. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 23: Pens lose to the Nucks, 5-2. 11-8-3 (25 pts)
    Game 24: Penz lose (3rd in a row) even after the "belly-tee" goal by Apostle Sidney to tie it up. 4-3 Br00nz. 11-9-3 (25 pts)

6. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 25: TEH PHIL said unto Apostle Sidney, "Let me help thee, generous brother, for you help me and others." Apostle Sidney did score the game winning goal. TEH PHIL and the Apostles feasted. And it was good. 5-2 Penz over Bolts. 12-9-3 (27 pts)

Game 26: TEH PHIL said unto Apostle Kris, "Give this blessed puck to Brother Sidney, for he shall deliver us to victory and cast these bastard tyrants from our holy city." Apostle Kris did advance the puck to Apostle Sid and he did shooteth the puck at the cage-faced beast. The angry beast was slain. His carcass and his heathens were banished from the Golden Triangle. And it was good. 5-4 Penz beat Flyers in OT. 13-9-3 (29 pts)

7. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Since Murray was injured in the Penz last win, Pittsburgh has re-called Casey "Woman-Beater" DeSmith back to the bigs. Tristan Jarry is the starter.

8. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 27: Rookie Tristan Jarry treats the hosts Buffalo Sabres to a delicious, toasted bagel, 4-0, in his first start of the season. He also won in relief vs the Flyers earlier in the week. The Penz PK was 4 for 4, while Sid and Geno carried the team offensively. 14-9-3 (31 pts) ***4 wins in a row***

9. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 28: Early in the battle, Apostle Geno and TEH PHIL swiftly approached the padded heathen and TEH PHIL said, "Look unto me, beast." The heathen did look at TEH PHIL and was in awe of His Glory. As the goalie was held in the loving gaze of the Lamb, Apostle Geno fired the puck into the net. And it was good. TEH PHIL and His Apostles slaughtered the weary opponents with 5 cast stones and pushed them north toward the Great Lake. 5-1 Pittsburgh over Buffalo. 15-10-3 (33 pts)

10. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 29: The enemy with white shirts and malice in their hearts crept into the Golden Triangle and stole a victory from the Blessed Ones. TEH PHIL struck once to give the Penz a 2-1 lead, but the Apostles could not ward off the invaders. 4-3 NYR. 15-11-3 (33 pts)

11. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 30: TEH PHIL said unto His flock, “Follow my lead, for I shall show you My name is the Lord.” TEH PHIL cast the puck into the net and Apostle Shehan did the same. And it was good. Apostle Hunwick who was witness also cast a puck into the net and the enemy fell. Pens 4-3 over the fishStix in OT. 16-11-3 (35 pts)

12. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 31: TEH PHIL and the Apostles ventured to Mecca, a site so holy, only there would they dare to blaspheme and cast blame to TEH PHIL because of Toronto's 50 years of failure. The Penz allowed the hosts a 3-0 spot before getting on the board with 2 goals. The deficit was too much as the blue-faced philistines pushed TEH PHIL and His flock out of Mecca, 4-3. 16-12-3 (35 pts)

13. firehalo Legend Penguins Steelers

Game 32: Loss. Nothing to see here. 16-13-3 (35 pts)

Game 33: Penz visit BCGE in Vegas. Big Story ~ Fleury out-duels Murray 2-1. Beautiful game that ended better for the Knights. 16-14-3 (35 pts)