2017 EAGLES Season...

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by Catfish, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

Will-so I am, but a writer on Yahoo.com said he had Wentz in the top 10 of the worst QBs for this fantasy season even with the 2 new WRs. I'm like "huh?" Now real life vs fantasy is a big difference, but how can Wentz go backwards in development with a solid Tier I wr and 2 solid Tier II WRs ? Real or fantasy - unless he is a total bust, i can only see him go upward, not backwards overall and in development!!

GO EAGLES!

Will likes this.
  2. Will Hall-of-Fame Staff Member Official Vikings Redwings

I think and its just my opinion, Wentz is going to be better for 2 reasons... 1) experience 2) better targets. He needs to stay on track and move the chains and I think the offense is going to be good enough to do that. No way I rank Wentz that low.

Catfish likes this.
  3. LAOJoe Hall-of-Fame Staff Member Head Official Maple Leafs Eagles

That fantasy news was just what it is.... fantasy. #fakenews

Will likes this.
  4. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

Will-so I am, but a writer on Yahoo.com said he had Wentz in the top 10 of the worst QBs for this fantasy season even with the 2 new WRs. I'm like "huh?" Now real life vs fantasy is a big difference, but how can Wentz go backwards in development with a solid Tier I wr and 2 solid Tier II WRs ? Real or fantasy - unless he is a total bust, i can only see him go upward, not backwards overall and in development!!

GO EAGLES!
    Wentz worked with his WRs this summer to get familiar with them and with Blount getting tough yardage that no Eagles RB got last year, this is a whole different offense. They do have a tough schedule and the predictions are 8-8, 10-6 tops, so we shall see just how good they are. Their Achilles heel will be the corners.

Will likes this.
  5. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

EAGLES TRADE JORDAN MATTHEWS AND A 3RD RD PICK FOR CB DARBY FROM BUFFALO.

6. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

7. LAOJoe Hall-of-Fame Staff Member Head Official Maple Leafs Eagles

Matt Tobin and a 7th traded for a 5th from the Seahawks. I was excited when I thought it was Tobin for an unconditional 7th.

Catfish likes this.
  8. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

price seems high, but what do i know?

comcast philly is saying now blount has weight issues and that's the reason he has been slow so far. to me it's training camp and preseason games. if it was week 1 that's different. i hope they don't cut him. i think in the redzone, he will be fine.

9. LAOJoe Hall-of-Fame Staff Member Head Official Maple Leafs Eagles

I think they are seriously exploring if Clement is simply a younger, fitter Blount. Preseason Week 3 is important.

10. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

i research Clement yesterday and reports weren't that high on him. Not saying you're wrong Joe. And none of the Comcast guys said as of now Blount is getting cut, yet some reporter on Yahoo.com sports had him out of town practically. i believe the Comcast guys over Yahoo.com Sports any day of the week!

11. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

12. Will Hall-of-Fame Staff Member Official Vikings Redwings

Eagles say LeGarrette Blount remains starting running back

The Eagles made a trade for Jay Ajayi on Tuesday, but executive vice president of football operations Howie Roseman stressed that it wasn’t because of unhappiness about the backs they already have.

Roseman said the deal for Ajayi was an opportunity to obtain a back who has succeeded in the NFL and is under contract through the end of the 2018 season to add to what is already on hand. That group includes LeGarrette Blount, who has been the lead back through the first half of the season and who Roseman said would remain the starter.

“[Blount is] awesome. He wants to win. He’s all about winning. Nothing changed today,” Roseman said, via WIP.

Roseman did say that one thing has changed for the Eagles. They sent a fourth-round pick to Miami, which is the third of their 2018 picks that they’ve traded away, and Roseman said that while the team wants to have picks, the “perspective is different” because of their 7-1 start to the season.

That perspective change should also lead them to shift Blount and Ajayi’s roles as the rest of the season plays out and the Eagles fine out exactly what they got on Tuesday.

Catfish likes this.
  13. Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Fighting Irish Flyers Eagles

^the more the merrier! welcome to Philly Jay !