Topic: L. Blount heading to Philly !

1 yr deal worth $2.8 mil. LOVE IT. Cut Matthews or find a sucker for him and recoup some more money for F/A!

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: L. Blount heading to Philly !

Mathews*

This was a good signing for sure. We spoke of this earlier via PM. Blount was my option for a temporary big back that can help now.

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yep-if they can survive the tough schedule, they could do some damage this year.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think the Eagles are one of the most improved teams on paper this season... healthy, execution = a playoff team.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Will wrote:

I think the Eagles are one of the most improved teams on paper this season... healthy, execution = a playoff team.

Will-love the Tigers logo! A+

The Eagles have a lot of cap money coming in 2018, so i think they are trying to make a quick run towards the playoffs as a building block, so that' why  they got Blount, Smith and Jeffery etc. Well, at least I hope so.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eagles don't have as much cap money coming as you'd think since they'll carry essentially noting over and need to pay guys annual raises and extensions. But all that dead money off the books will be nice.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

^^Joe on Thursday of the draft. Seth Joyner of all people broke it down and said they will have a ton of money coming off the books. he listed at least 4 players and deals that were ending. it could be what you're referencing but the entire panel was captivated at what he was saying. ??

Thumbs up Thumbs down

They will have money coming off the books but many will have to be resigned.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ok Joe. No idea what Seth Joyner was talking about. He was talking signing huge F/A and making a run at the SB.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Catfish wrote:

ok Joe. No idea what Seth Joyner was talking about. He was talking signing huge F/A and making a run at the SB.

IMO the Eagles are trying to get comp picks starting the year after next. They went after free agents this year and look for them not to go after many outside what they need going forward.
Here is a good read that touches on that.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017 … glas-lurie

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up Thumbs down