Re: Pittsburgh Penguins

Here's a nice article written by Pens F Jake Geuntzel.  He talks about his stick-boy days at UMinn, where he first met TEH PHIL and experiences "KesselMania" at the arena.  He also talks about his call-up from WBS. Good writing and a very "feel-good" read.  Check it out.
https://www.theplayerstribune.com/jake- … runs-wild/

what's yer name, neighbor?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good read, even for an Armpittsburgh player.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

To help tide us over 'til tomorrow, here's more KesselMania...
http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/news/nh … gekyv72qkx

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here's a thought on why it's a good idea to play Murray the rest of the way and to feel fine about MAF leaving the Penz.  I was looking at Fleury's stats and comparing him to reality-MAF.  His post season performance is overachieving at this point and a letdown would be reasonably expected.  He won 18 games in the regular season and lost 17 (10 in regulation/7 in OT & shootouts).  That is not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination.  I think Muzz was 32-10-4.  MAF put out a 3.02 GAA and Murray flashed a 2.41. 

Post season MAF: 9-6/2.56 GAA/.924 Sv%. Like I said, overachieving.  Although Fleury has been more than serviceable and at times amazing, during his time in the Golden Triangle, with Murray here and Jarry in the shadows, I won't be as sad to see him go.  I honestly could see the Penz buying Fleury out ($1.9M/yr X 2) after this season.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

buy out would be 4 years at $1.9. its twice the length of the existing deal at 1/3 the AAV.
worth it if they cant figure something else out. pretty big blunder though if the Pens have to do that and they dont win the whole thing this year.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thumbs up Thumbs down