Re: DRAFT VALUE CHALLENGE 2017

TopDawg wrote:

The Browns are using that tradedown with Philly as the springboard to the massive rebuild....So far, I like what they have done.  Obviously the real key to that trade will hinge on Kizer or Kessler, or 2018 QB(?)....

That's really all that matters...Corey Coleman and a few other pieces to the puzzle are nice, but Browns must find a QB...In 3 years, if Wentz developes into a stud QB, and Browns still haven't found one, then Philly wins. It really is that simple IMO.

Philly doesn't win unless Wentz is good (to what level you can argue). They don't lose unless Wentz isn't. The Browns part of the deal has no concern to them, nor does it if they win as well or not.

For the Browns it's a bit more complicated since they passed on Wentz but they can still win without the Eagles losing if Wentz is great and they find a QB and use the other talent they got to help the team as well. If Wentz is a bust the Browns likely get a small win a tthe least since someone they drafted had to help out.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Can't both win?

absolutely

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

. If Wentz is a bust the Browns likely get a small win a tthe least since someone they drafted had to help out.

a "small win"?  lol!. I don't think so... If Wentz turns out to be a bust, that's a HUGE win for Cleveland

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

109 ( edited by LAOJoe 05-06-17 11:42)

TopDawg wrote:

. If Wentz is a bust the Browns likely get a small win a tthe least since someone they drafted had to help out.

a "small win"?  lol!. I don't think so... If Wentz turns out to be a bust, that's a HUGE win for Cleveland

I said "at least". Even if everyone they drafted goes to shit quickly someone would still have done something. Worst case scenario (which I don't see happening).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It pretty much ALL hinges on the development of Carson Wentz....

As you know, I really liked Wentz...It's going to be a really interesting one to follow .

I do believe the trade can work out well for both, but you know as well as I do, the masses will want to declare a true winner at some point.

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

LAOJoe wrote:
TopDawg wrote:

I said "at least". Even if everyone they drafted goes to shit quickly someone would still have done something. Worst case scenario (which I don't see happening).

I understand, but even if it was just for Corey coleman alone.  The notion that we could have potentially added any talent to the roster , while avoiding another "bust" QB, would have to have been considered a big  win for Cleveland...

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

112 ( edited by Quew777 05-07-17 08:46)

Another wrinkle on this, The Browns might not of able to develop Wentz nearly as well as the Eagles have (depending on how he turns out).

From what I hear is that Kizer needs some confidence rebuilt, and the Browns could be one of the better teams to do that. Kelly never wanted Kizer, he never took full 1st QB reps in spring ball ever( even in HS Kizer never took full reps), he wanted Zaire to win that job. If Kizer made a mistake he'd have a coach that never believed in him chew his butt out and so that affected his play. He needs some time to develop and he may or may not get that chance. Drafting a QB in the 2nd round doesn't mean that the Browns won't take one next year. (Jimmy Clausen to Cam Newton, Drew Stanton to Matthew Stafford).

Thumbs up Thumbs down