Re: NCAAFB - NEWS & NOTES

Nick Saban agrees to eight-year extension with Alabama...

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

more winning for Alabama! Best money they ever spent !

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

UNC has mounted a compelling response to NCAA notice of allegations

The academic fraud case that has dragged on for most of this decade will culminate in August with a showdown between North Carolina’s lawyers and the NCAA enforcement staff before the NCAA’s Committee on Infractions. Thanks to documents released Thursday, we know exactly what each side will argue.

This may sound crazy given the depth and the scope of the academic fraud that North Carolina officials have already admitted took place, but the school's response to NCAA’s third notice of allegations suggests that North Carolina’s attorneys have mounted a compelling defense in this case. That may not matter in a process famous for being made up as it goes along, but it’s important to note as the NCAA’s existential crisis continues.

All reasonable people can agree that the scandal at Baylor—that resulted in the firing of football coach Art Briles and president Ken Starr and the eventual resignation of athletic director Ian McCaw—is far worse than anything that happened at North Carolina, Louisville or Ole Miss—the other high-profile schools with recent scandals. But the NCAA has no rule to deal with what happened at Baylor. The organization looks toothless enough because it has no mechanism to deal with the biggest problem, and it is under pressure from other members to take decisive action in cases involving academic integrity (North Carolina), using naked women to lure recruits (Louisville) and giving athletes money, goods and services for being good at sports (Ole Miss).

North Carolina’s attorneys claim a media narrative has kept the heat on North Carolina. The truth is North Carolina’s fellow schools have applied the pressure. The NCAA also is under intense pressure from the membership to strike hard in the Ole Miss case, but the NCAA definitely has applicable bylaws to use in that case. North Carolina’s attorneys will argue that the NCAA had no applicable bylaw when the academic fraud took place in Chapel Hill, and they may be correct.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...