Re: TRUMP!!!

Al in Cal wrote:
babyfan wrote:

<rubs her eyes>
Oh sorry. I thought you were referencing Trump in this. I was going to jump up and applaud this idea!!

But it's just another let down ... :(

Wow. How disappointing of you.

LOL I'm sure it must be ...

Blow up the McCaskeys!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

babyfan wrote:
Al in Cal wrote:
babyfan wrote:

<rubs her eyes>
Oh sorry. I thought you were referencing Trump in this. I was going to jump up and applaud this idea!!

I'm guessing it wouldn't have been disappointing to Al if you had been referring to Obama or Hillary.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AxeMurderer wrote:

I'm guessing it wouldn't have been disappointing to Al if you had been referring to Obama or Hillary.

That's exactly what I was thinking Axe.

Blow up the McCaskeys!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

From Dan Rather's FB:

"As far as I am concerned, this week brought perhaps the most dangerous and destabilizing events in the presidency of Donald Trump, and it has been almost completely overshadowed by a cavalcade of news such as elections in Georgia and the Bill O'Reilly story.

But while many of us may be preoccupied, make no mistake the world is watching - and is worried. For over a week, the American people and the world were led to believe that the United States was sending an aircraft carrier strike force to the waters off of North Korea, in an escalating tension over the standoff with that troublesome nation over its nuclear and missile ambitions.

President Trump boasted about his show of force. “We are sending an armada, very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier," he said. The National Security Advisor and the Secretary of Defense both reiterated the information. Except it wasn't true. The carrier USS Carl Vinson and its accompanying ships were heading in the other direction, thousands of miles away.

How and why can this happen? There are no good explanations. Incompetence, deceit, a lack of communication? This is how wars can get started by accident. This is how allies can feel betrayed and adversaries emboldened. Our world is less stable today because of this situation. And this was supposed to be the relative area of stability within the Trump Administration - national security.

The fact that this has gone on for days is inexcusable. The world's nations rely on being able to trust what an American president says, especially on an issue like this. More than anything else that has happened, more than the missile strike in Syria or even the worrisome congratulatory phone call to the increasingly dictatorial president of Turkey, this is a foreign policy debacle that is shaping world affairs in big ways. I hope you all take the time to read much of the fine reporting that has been done on this event. It is something we all should be talking and thinking about - a lot."

Lies, and zero transparency. Trump is the most misguided fool ... and he will be the cause of the next world conflict. Make no mistake about it.

Blow up the McCaskeys!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

babyfan wrote:

From Dan Rather's FB:

"As far as I am concerned, this week brought perhaps the most dangerous and destabilizing events in the presidency of Donald Trump, and it has been almost completely overshadowed by a cavalcade of news such as elections in Georgia and the Bill O'Reilly story.

But while many of us may be preoccupied, make no mistake the world is watching - and is worried. For over a week, the American people and the world were led to believe that the United States was sending an aircraft carrier strike force to the waters off of North Korea, in an escalating tension over the standoff with that troublesome nation over its nuclear and missile ambitions.

President Trump boasted about his show of force. “We are sending an armada, very powerful. We have submarines, very powerful, far more powerful than the aircraft carrier," he said. The National Security Advisor and the Secretary of Defense both reiterated the information. Except it wasn't true. The carrier USS Carl Vinson and its accompanying ships were heading in the other direction, thousands of miles away.

How and why can this happen? There are no good explanations. Incompetence, deceit, a lack of communication? This is how wars can get started by accident. This is how allies can feel betrayed and adversaries emboldened. Our world is less stable today because of this situation. And this was supposed to be the relative area of stability within the Trump Administration - national security.

The fact that this has gone on for days is inexcusable. The world's nations rely on being able to trust what an American president says, especially on an issue like this. More than anything else that has happened, more than the missile strike in Syria or even the worrisome congratulatory phone call to the increasingly dictatorial president of Turkey, this is a foreign policy debacle that is shaping world affairs in big ways. I hope you all take the time to read much of the fine reporting that has been done on this event. It is something we all should be talking and thinking about - a lot."

Lies, and zero transparency. Trump is the most misguided fool ... and he will be the cause of the next world conflict. Make no mistake about it.

Problem is, I'm sure Trump doesn't see this as a problem. We'll hear from him how all this is part of him being unpredictable, how that was part of grand scheme to not announce his moves in advance.

It's junior high, secret decoder ring stuff. China was laughing at us, and South Korea is pissed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,886 ( edited by skinny123 04-20-17 02:17)

Trump thought that Kim Jong-Un was the same guy that was dealing with Bush and Clinton.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

skinny123 wrote:

Trump thought that Kim Jong-Un was the same guy that was dealing with Bush and Clinton.

Saw that. If Hollywood wrote a movie about a completely unqualified president who didn't know leaders of foreign countries, looked up to tyrants/dictators while treating long-time allies with a "who cares" attitude, gave top jobs to his unqualified relatives, and set a record pace for taking vacations, it would be deemed "too unbelievable."

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

skinny123 wrote:
hockeybob wrote:

WASHINGTON—Exxon Mobil Corp. has applied to the Treasury Department for a waiver from U.S. sanctions on Russia in a bid to resume its joint venture with state oil giant PAO Rosneft, according to people familiar with the matter.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/exxon-see … 1492620677

One part of cash grab we've all been waiting for.   Review all those old Trump-Russia stories with Rosneft mentions, they're about to go to the next edition of that storyline.
Half a trillion blocked by sanctions on one site alone.    Starting smaller, this is in the Black Sea.   Exxon and associated contractors get the payout for buying so many elected officials (plenty of Dems too).     

This is so much worse than Halliburton and the Bush II crew's corrupt cash grabs and payoffs.     

I thought Exxon would have waited for things to cool down a little before putting themselves out there like this.   I'm sure Exxon and BP will have a new wave of commercials coming out soon about how patriotic and green they are.

This is what it's all about, the oil.

I was pointing to money, not oil. 
If and when Exxon shifts gears, they'll do the same thing.    Oil is just a means to an end and their free reign to buy so many offices openly and with dark money is the root of the problem for several decades now imo.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You also have the whole asian region in play, the human carnage as well as the economic impact globally.

Thought I would touch on the bold part.

I don't think this is brought up enough, especially anybody watching cable news. 
For example, S Korea has elections coming up and a nationalist surge threatens US interests and strategic planning.     Trump's volatile bullshitting of policy doesn't do anything to reassure our allies or shared interests in the region that we have their back when push comes to shove and that may sway voters.   

In other words, the potential benefit of all this rhetoric can be offset or worse by influencing the elections of our allies.     If S Korea votes nationlist for example, that can throw a wrench is what we're able to do to leverage nations to achieve and end and it opens the door (farther) for China to take over as the premier power in the region.    That will have negative economic consequences for us if we insist on spending like fools on the military as an interventionist country.   

I know it's not very merican' to consider foreign politics when making opinions.    At least there are signs that Trump is waking up to how ignorant he is dealing policies with other governments.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

At the end of the day, I don't think anyone that lives in that region trusts Trump.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,891 ( edited by skinny123 04-21-17 09:54)

50 trademarks approved in China for Trump and Ivanka, yeah, no longer a currency manipulator lol, fk the american people, it's all about us.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AxeMurderer wrote:
babyfan wrote:
Al in Cal wrote:
babyfan wrote:

<rubs her eyes>

Birds of a feather flock together once again.

NOMINATE ELIZABETH WARREN AS DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR 2020.......PLEASE:):):)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

babyfan wrote:

From Dan Rather's FB:

You mean the same Dan Rather who faked documents and made up lies about another US PResident Bush Jr.? The fact that this fool is still sending out garbage like the above is an example of what fools liberals are.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Al in Cal wrote:
AxeMurderer wrote:
babyfan wrote:
Al in Cal wrote:
babyfan wrote:

<rubs her eyes>

Birds of a feather flock together once again.

I notice you didn't deny it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

skinny123 wrote:

At the end of the day, I don't think anyone that lives in that region trusts Trump.

Hilarious. YOu think Japan and S. Korea aren't happy about the new missile defense systems that the US is providing them? Think Japan want ICBMs landing within proximity of them? Liberals are pathetic. YOu think that they aren't scared shitless of Un and what he will do if the world allows them to mount nuclear warheads on a short or long range missile?

When a disgraced liberal liar like Dan Rather has relevance in the liberal community, it just shows how stupid liberals are. THe fact that the media wants to make a big deal about the direction a carrier group was heading is the height of stupidity. THe real story is the three carrier groups that will arrive in the sea of Japan.

Thumbs up Thumbs down