Topic: 2017 EAGLES Season...

Eagles Listening to Offers for Matthews

According to NFL Insider, Charles Robinson, the Philadelphia Eagles are open to entertaining trade offers for wide receiver, Jordan Matthews. Matthews is set to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the 2017 season and there has been no indication of any movement on the Eagles’ side to extend the 24-year-old’s contract.

Matthews currently ranks as the best wide receiver of the Eagles’ pass catching corps, which has little value, as they were one of the NFL’s worst receiving groups. During his brief career in Philadelphia, Matthews has benefitted largely from Chip Kelly’s up-tempo system and garbage time stats to pad his numbers.

The Eagles selected Matthews in the second-round of the 2014 draft and through three seasons he has recorded 225 receptions for 2,673 yards and 19 touchdowns.

His young career has been plagued largely by drops, which have followed him from his days in college, and an inability to play well on the outside. Regardless, Matthews is still a valuable member of the team and vital to quarterback, Carson Wentz’s development.

The Eagles will likely take the wait-and-see approach with Matthews before deciding whether to extend his time in Philadelphia or to go in a different direction. There is a good bet he will be lining up in the slot when the Eagles begin the year, but anything beyond is uncertain and will depend on how productive his 2017 season is.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2 ( edited by igloofn68 03-30-17 03:27)

Re: 2017 EAGLES Season...

I meant to bring this up days ago but the Eagles really seem to be loading up up for Wentz. We should find out how good Wentz really is this coming season. He'll have some good veteran receivers to throw too and maybe some better R-backs.......As far as the Steelers go picking 30th, every mock draft has them picking somebody different.....

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS = PENS........Raise the Jolly Roger........Stairway to 7

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

I meant to bring this up days ago but the Eagles really seem to be loading up up for Wentz. We should find out how good Wentz really is this coming season. He'll have some good veteran receivers to throw too and maybe some better R-backs.......As far as the Steelers go picking 30th, every mock draft has them picking somebody different.....

same with the EAgles.  Cook, McCaffery, the WR from Western Mich, 3 CBs and a OL.

To me you got the WRs now, so get some OL help. It's a deep CB draft, so you don't need 1 in the first rd.

And tell tat boob Lane Johnson to stay freaking clean or else! What a difference he made once he came back!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I agree. I think the Eagles have enough WRs. They should draft at another position.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

I agree. I think the Eagles have enough WRs. They should draft at another position.....

only short-term. Jeffery for 1 yr and Smith for 3.

Need a big All-American RB or OL!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Of course Daniel took the minimum plus unlikely incentives to go to New Orleans than a bunch more to play elsewhere. Eagles get almost no cap relief.

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up Thumbs down

the whole daniel thing was a fiasco from his signing till the end. just a waste of cap dollars.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I still don't get why they had to throw money at a backup when we already had one that was getting paid. That is a bunch of money that could have been rolled over to next year just gone.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

LAOJoe wrote:

I still don't get why they had to throw money at a backup when we already had one that was getting paid. That is a bunch of money that could have been rolled over to next year just gone.

that's easy...

the all knowing genius Howie Roseman is the GM,.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

All teams make mistakes signing players and it ends up screwing them with the cap. Philly is far from the only one.......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

11 ( edited by LAOJoe 03-31-17 02:29)

igloofn68 wrote:

All teams make mistakes signing players and it ends up screwing them with the cap. Philly is far from the only one.......

I get that they got Daniel for what they did. My issue is why not just keep Daniel and pass on Foles? Was it that important?

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up Thumbs down

12 ( edited by igloofn68 03-31-17 02:47)

Well, Foles was thought of as a decent starter for awhile. But I'm not so sure about that now.....Hence, mistake. And the Steelers have made their fair share also.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

LAJOE-im in agreement with you. why bother ? Foles wasn't any difference or better than Daniel but the money was very different.

igloo-the Steelers can make mistakes. They got 6 freaking Super Bowls! I'm looking for just 1 in my lifetime!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/a62a14d4-470 … t-the.html

Thumbs up Thumbs down

15 ( edited by Catfish Today 12:35)

2017 Schedule
Date    Opponent    Time/Result    Pass Leader (yds)    Rush Leader (yds)    Reception Leader (yds)
Sep 10    @Washington    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $87
Sep 17    @Kansas City    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $34
Sep 24    N.Y. Giants    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $134
Oct 1    @L.A. Chargers    4:05 pm    Tickets available from $257
Oct 8    Arizona    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $94
Oct 12    @Carolina    8:25 pm    Search for tickets
Oct 23    Washington    8:30 pm    Tickets available from $105
Oct 29    San Francisco    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $93
Nov 5    Denver    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $105
Week 10    BYE                  
Nov 19    @Dallas    8:30 pm    Tickets available from $51
Nov 26    Chicago    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $106
Dec 3    @Seattle    8:30 pm    Tickets available from $172
Dec 10    @L.A. Rams    4:25 pm    Tickets available from $101
Dec 17    @N.Y. Giants    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $95
Dec 25    Oakland    8:30 pm    Tickets available from $94
Dec 31    Dallas    1:00 pm    Tickets available from $146

so they open with 3/4 on the road and have a late season stretch of 3 straight on the road. no love lost for the Eagles this season.

Thumbs up Thumbs down