Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thank you!: LAOJoe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,492 ( edited by mattymcgee55 04-17-17 11:17)

ding ding, id like a large portion of crow.

said that i didnt think the Babcock signing was worth it. obviously wrong.
i mean i dont think you guys are Cup contenders for this season but where that roster is and how quickly its turned is more than impressive. maybe you guys are contenders and i can take another postion of crow.

i think the next league wide question will be something regarding McDavid vs Matthews.
both insane talents and numbers this year.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thank you!: LAOJoe

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

2,493 ( edited by LAOJoe 04-17-17 11:19)

mattymcgee55 wrote:

i mean i dont think you guys are Cup contenders for this season but where that roster is and how quickly its turned is more than impressive. maybe you guys are contenders and i can take another postion of crow.

i think the next league wide question will be something regarding McDavid vs Matthews.

As long as they can't play in the Olympics... go Matthews completely.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,494 ( edited by skinny123 04-17-17 11:25)

mattymcgee55 wrote:

I don't know what this team is, I don't think they know either.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,495 ( edited by LAOJoe 04-17-17 11:38)

3 OT games to start the series.

Early shades of some 2012 playoff series. Capitals and Bruins went to 7 games in what I consider the closest series in NHL history. All games decided by 1 goal including 5 overtime games, including game 7. The other series that year was Blackhawks vs Coyotes. The 1st 5 games went to OT before a 4-0 shutout in game 6 to win it for Phoenix.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

i remember that Bruins/Caps series well.
Bruins reigning Cup champs, #1 seed I believe. Seguin was a monster that season
Benoit Pouliot fires a NZ dump in off a Caps player's shin pads, puck goes the other way and Joel Ward ends it in OT game 7. good bye Tim Thomas and hello Braden Holtby.
also, Rich Peverley w/ the embarrassing fake 2 hander where Holtby laughed him off.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,497 ( edited by LAOJoe 04-18-17 12:17)

mattymcgee55 wrote:

i remember that Bruins/Caps series well.
Bruins reigning Cup champs, #1 seed I believe. Seguin was a monster that season
Benoit Pouliot fires a NZ dump in off a Caps player's shin pads, puck goes the other way and Joel Ward ends it in OT game 7. good bye Tim Thomas and hello Braden Holtby.
also, Rich Peverley w/ the embarrassing fake 2 hander where Holtby laughed him off.

It was a 4 vs 7 game in disguise as a 2/7 game.

The Coyotes one was a 6 vs 5 game in disguise as a 3 vs 6 game. Note the order of my numbering. It was one of those infamous series where the #3 seed was a division winner with a worse record than the lower seed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dlinebass5 wrote:

My top 5 most hated teams in this post-season, that I would absolutely love to see lose:
1. Boston
2. Boston
3. Matt Martin
4. Minnesota
5. Boston

Of course this was after a penalty so it drew another penalty to make a Caps 5-3. At the end of which Marner came out of the box with a breakaway where Holtby came out to the blue line to poke check.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was a great play by Holtby, a little risky. If marner picked up the puck and cut right, home free empty net.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,500 ( edited by skinny123 04-18-17 02:48)

This team has no nhl past, except for the core of the old gang. Under this coach with the infusion of youth, very little is known as to what they can accomplish. A lot of guys like nylander and marner, not to mention matthews growing before our eyes. The scary thing for the caps is that in a long battle the leafs will have more energy. With every period that goes by, every save by freddie, the caps morale sinks, as we all know they have a past, a real bad playoff past.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,501 ( edited by igloofn68 04-18-17 10:18)

Congrats Skinny, I hope we see you in the 2nd round. Their bad playoff history mostly has to do with facing the Pens. We used to play them every year in the 90's...... :D

Edit: Btw, good game last night...... *THUMBSUP*

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thanks igloo, OV was MIA for the last 27 minutes last night.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tailgate srarts at 5.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stupid dumb giveaway kept this game from going to overtime.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

They almost made a game of it, caps just buried them in the first.

Thumbs up Thumbs down