Re: Religion - Do ya or don'tcha?

Catfish wrote:

my 45th Birthday today and day 192! Black Friday is day #200! I am just mad at myself for not having control enough to control it over full fledged quitting. I guess I should be happy I quit over not quitting i guess.

Stay away from Black Friday, it will make you want to drink.

If it ain't Steel it ain't real!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

gidion72 wrote:
Catfish wrote:

my 45th Birthday today and day 192! Black Friday is day #200! I am just mad at myself for not having control enough to control it over full fledged quitting. I guess I should be happy I quit over not quitting i guess.

Stay away from Black Friday, it will make you want to drink.

haha gid. i havent been to a mall in 2 decades. i shop everything online. and ive been done with christmas shopping for 4 months now. all boxed up and wrapped too. im way ahead of the game and black friday is idiotic.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

black friday makes day #200! wow. almost 7 months now. long way to go, but doing well so far. God bless everyone out there struggling with some kind of addiction/issue/depression etc. Get the help you need and open up to people to talk too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

#218. Went to a Xmas party where the booze was flowing like a river. None for me. Some people made asses out of themselves. Glad it wasn't me! Wow.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hope everyone had a fun, festive and safe holiday season.

today is day 240 or 8 months!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Catfish wrote:

Proud of ya, man. Keep fighting the good fight!

Be cool like Danny Trejo

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

M.I.A. wrote:
Catfish wrote:

Proud of ya, man. Keep fighting the good fight!

thanks MIA. It's been a solid battle. No urges to relapse. I did get yelled at for how I look at AA from an associate of mine who was a bad alcoholic and drug addict, who turned his life around and has been sober for 4 yrs. He thinks I look at AA all wrong etc. To me, I'm sober, I go to meetings, so how I look at it is irrelevant! I'm doing it my way and as long as I'm sober, that's all that matters, so get off my back! Not real happy with him.

Overall, I'm doing great. Very happy. My 1 thing is that I am so strong willed to quit cold turkey, why couldn't i just drink in moderation? That's what bothers me. I had to quit to quit. I couldn't tone it down. My body and addiction didn't know how to turn it down. That's the crappy part. Thanks for the support.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

263 ( edited by Catfish 04-11-17 01:00)

wow im slacking on this thread. just passed 11 months. 333 days. Easter Sunday will be 342 days. 1 yr is huge in the program, well it is to me. Some people get their coin and don't do anything. I am. I have a 4 page speech written out of my 1 yr journey and my past. It won't take long to read. Just 2-3 min. To me 1 yr means so much across many topics, but ultimately i lasted 1 yr and 365 days!! Phew. I can't wait till that day-May 10th. I just live 1 day at a time and didn't look at a year ahead bc it was too far away. now it's so close, i can see it right in front of me. just a few more weeks now.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down