Re: Detroit Red Wings

I feel I should add that it was a great pleasure to have Cat join me in DET for this game.  He's a truly great guy, and I am pleased I had the chance to know the real guy behind the avatar.
He's still a fan of the hockey team from Philadelphia.  But, hey, everyone has their idiosyncrasies.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thank you!: Will

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--7V_g06j4--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/svgichqvfs26pyp3ul6b.jpg

Red Wings sign Dennis Cholowski.  Pretty sure he's in 8th grade.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thank you!: Will

Thumbs up Thumbs down

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

DETROIT – The Detroit Red Wings today agreed to terms with free agent goaltender Matej Machovsky on a one-year contract beginning in 2017-18.

Machovsky, who participated in the Red Wings’ development camp in July 2016, has spent the past four seasons playing in the Czech Republic’s top professional league for HC Plzen. In 178 appearances since 2013-14, he has compiled a 94-84-0 record with a 2.23 goals-against average, a 0.923 save percentage and 14 shutouts. The 6-foot-2, 187-lb., netminder led the Czech Extraliga in save percentage (0.936) as a first-year pro in 2013-14 alongside a career-best 1.67 goals-against average and six shutouts. In 2015-16, he posted a personal-best 26 wins and ranked eighth among goalies who played in 25-or-more games with a 2.43 goals-against average, while finishing third with a 0.920 save percentage. Machovsky’s club reached the semifinals in the Czech Extraliga playoffs, where he led the league with a 0.932 save percentage. He also represented the Czech Republic at the 2016 IIHF World Championship in Russia but did not see game action. This season, Machovsky owned a 21-25-0 record and improved on his goals-against average (2.25) and save percentage (0.925), while adding two shutouts.

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Detroit signs Czech d-man Sulak

The Red Wings have added some depth on defense.

On Wednesday, the club announced it has signed Czech rearguard Libor Sulak to a two-year, entry-level deal. Sulak, 23, is fresh off representing the Czechs at the World Hockey Championship and, prior to that, spent the last two years playing for Znojmo Orli of the Austrian League.

There, he was named the league’s rookie of the year in 2016, and followed that up with a career-high 10 goals and 28 points in 54 games last season.

It’ll be interesting to see if he can push for minutes in Detroit next season. Currently, the club has six d-men under contract — Mike Green, Danny DeKeyser, Niklas Kronwall, Jonathan Ericsson, Nick Jensen and Ryan Sproul. Xavier Ouellet is also in the mix, but a restricted free agent.

The Red Wings also signed ’16 first-rounder Dennis Cholowski to his ELC last month, and he played one game for their AHL affiliate in Grand Rapids.