Topic: Possible OT change coming

NFL looking to change overtime rule for regular season.  The nfl wants to trim overtime from 15 minutes to 10 minutes.  Reason given was to try and keep competition level even for teams playing on Thursday.  Hey nfl how about you just do away with Thursday games and then you dont have to worry about it.

Thank you!: AxeMurderer

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Possible OT change coming

It won't happen. 15 minutes is just too short, especially with the rule where an opening FG can't win it if the 2nd team matches. I jut can't see the 24 votes needed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

how about no thursday games and first team to score wins in OT? for the losing team, you didn't stop them from scoring. your loss.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like Thursday football.. lets keep it and make a better product and clean up the game, in my opinion.

Better officiating, faster games, less commercials AND commercial time... Who wouldn't want more?

Besides, WTF its football!!!

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Better officiating, faster games, less commercials AND commercial time... Who wouldn't want more?

Sometimes less is more.

Get rid of Thursday games. Neither team has enough time to adequately prepare (especially the road team), it throws schedules off...

Bleh, not needed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AxeMurderer wrote:

Sometimes less is more.

Get rid of Thursday games. Neither team has enough time to adequately prepare (especially the road team), it throws schedules off...

Bleh, not needed.

I like Thursdays. They should schedule the bye weeks so that like 80% of the time a Thursday games comes off a bye.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thursday night football is horrible.

As of officiating perhaps it will start to get better.

Committee to recommend NFL hire full-time officials for 2017 season

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1896 … erees-2017

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Will wrote:

I like Thursday football.. lets keep it and make a better product and clean up the game, in my opinion.

players hate the short rest ! too man hurdles in front of them to make it a better product.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My question is this. Why is Thursday so bad? If its a matter of scheduling, then cant that be addressed in a simple fashion?

Does going up against prime time TV hurt too much?

I just really think football fans would be all over a 'GOOD' match-up.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Seems like Thursday games are somehow the worst matchup every week. Not sure how that's even possible.
Joe's idea of Thursday night being a bye team game makes sense to me.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mattymcgee55 wrote:

Seems like Thursday games are somehow the worst matchup every week. Not sure how that's even possible.

Add an extra week to the season so they don't have to lose their bye week on it. You'd get one bye week and one half bye week that ends with Thursday day night football. Gotta think union would love that.

PATRIOTS 5X WORLD CHAMPS! #thefixforsix

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Patschamp wrote:
mattymcgee55 wrote:

Add an extra week to the season so they don't have to lose their bye week on it. You'd get one bye week and one half bye week that ends with Thursday day night football. Gotta think union would love that.

I'd be for it. There is room to start the season 1 week earlier after removing a preseason game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Will wrote:

I heard the league was again considering full time refs.  Anyone else see this coming up again? Should've happened years ago.

Patschamp wrote:

The league could care less what the union wants and they hold these cards.  Funny how in MLB the union has too much power and in the NFL the league has all the power.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the Divided States of America, and to the PACs, for which it stands, one nation, at odds, divisible, with Liberty and Justice for some." ~ Neil Degrasse Tyson

LAOJoe wrote:
Patschamp wrote:
mattymcgee55 wrote:

I'd be for it. There is room to start the season 1 week earlier after removing a preseason game.

doubtful you remove a preseason game and you cut into money they are never going to do anything that cuts into the money.

Thumbs up Thumbs down