crickets, alas, crickets
i need sleep chunka chunka chunka

canucks have never picked #1

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Frozen Four Pick-em

I'll keep score.

Thank you!: Will, mattymcgee55, rediiis

Thumbs up Thumbs down

20 ( edited by skinny123 03-22-17 03:44)

I would join, but I would just be guessing, fake news.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

buk buk bukka buk ^^^^^

canucks have never picked #1

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, throws dart at the catholic team lol.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Notre Dame vs Providence final? lol

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Tournament starts soon.   Another Hawks win and Min loss would be nice so I can better focus on the tourney.   The voices are mad at me about not following NCAA hockey much this year.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Go Sioux!!

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The NY Times has an article today about the huge expansion of talent in the college ranks, (D1 & DIII):
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/23/spor … y&_r=0

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thank you!: hockeybob, mattymcgee55

Thumbs up Thumbs down

thats a great article Dan. some really good stats on there.

According to U.S.A. Hockey, the number of registered hockey players increased 24 percent in the past 15 years, to 543,000 in 2016, after growing 125 percent from 1991 to 2001.

the game is continually growing here and reaching more and more athletes. still huge area populations untapped as well. if the trend continues i think its inevitable that the US becomes the strongest country across the board. all due respect to Canada, im posing a hypothetical and a big if.

According to College Hockey Inc., a record 82 Europeans played in Division I this season. There were only 32 five years ago. Twenty-two Europeans are on teams in the N.C.A.A. tournament

notice that out of the 82 European born players 32 are still in the field of 16. clearly theyre a valuable asset.
Come on down Eeli Tolvanen!

Of the 23 members of this year’s gold medal-winning American team at the world junior championships, 19 were current college players, representing 11 universities. Another 13 college players or recruits played on other teams in the tournament.

boom

“The real beneficiary is Division III,” American International College Coach Eric Lang said. “There are about 40 to 50 players who spill over into D-III who are D-I players.”

this guy should know, AIC sucks and would lose more than a few D3 schools.
what he's saying is so true though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

the game is continually growing here and reaching more and more athletes. still huge area populations untapped as well. if the trend continues i think its inevitable that the US becomes the strongest country across the board. all due respect to Canada, im posing a hypothetical and a big if.

I think it's just a numbers game, not a qualitative one.   The gap was infinite 60 years ago, now it's a discussion.    I don't think it will take more than 2 or 3 generations.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think it's just a numbers game, not a qualitative one.

agreed, on the whole. the more the merrier.
on the flip side i think if the US can tap in to the markets of more athletic individuals it would be a unique advantage. get more than just the average sized well to do white kids. imagine Cam Newton or Lebron James were raised by a hockey family.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dave Starman is the worst.

Thumbs up Thumbs down