151 ( edited by TopDawg 03-20-17 05:26)

Re: 2017 NFL DRAFT - RUNNING BACKS

This is where I want the Browns to go, late in the draft.... He get's the comparison to Darren Sproles a lot, and it's legit...When you see him in the open field, another guy that comes to mind is former Chiefs star, Dante Hall. He was even given the same nickname (The human joystick), for his unpredictable movements, and ability to make seemingly impossible cuts....He has THAT kind of elusiveness...Would be a huge upgrade in our Punt/kick return department.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/pilotonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/9b/19b035cf-5938-5a99-8eb3-dbe05e7969c0/57c203ab90d40.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C827
TARIK COHEN, RB - North Carolina A&T
Can turn any play into a random game of "connect the dots." Rare ability to stop and start. Cuts are just as seamless and sharp from any direction. Field vision is excellent. Has lateral escapability to put would-be tacklers on his highlight tapes. Gifted with unusually large hands and a powerful lower body that enhances his contact balance and ability to drive for extra yardage. Very good acceleration pulls him away from tacklers and into the clear. Relentless competitor. Had four touchdown runs of 83-plus yards this season. A true weapon out of the backfield that will be tough to matchup with. Has good hands and is very slippery in space.

BOTTOM LINE Cohen uses a bounding, bouncing approach to the line of scrimmage reminiscent of Le'Veon Bell, but he's far less likely to finish downhill and instead looks to break it wide and out-race defenders. He's an electric playmaker who needs touches, but he's too small and unpredictable to handle much of an NFL carry count. Cohen gets easy separation as a receiver out of the backfield or from the slot and he will likely be used as an updated version of Darren Sproles 2.0.
-Lance Zierlein

let it ride

Thank you!: Lyman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

More of a prophet, less of a poster.™  #TeamCody

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SAS's Top 5 Running Backs

1. Leonard Fournette
2. Joe Mixon
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Dalvin Cook

Prediction: Not only will Cook be taken in the second round, but he'll be taken behind Joe Mixon.

Bonus Prediction: Mixon will have a much better career than Cook.

Extra-Bonus Prediction: So will Kareem Hunt (fourth round pick).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SAS wrote:

1. Leonard Fournette
2. Joe Mixon
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Dalvin Cook

Prediction: Not only will Cook be taken in the second round, but he'll be taken behind Joe Mixon.

Prediction....u wuldnt bet me $100 right now on any of those predictions

Thumbs up Thumbs down

showstopper wrote:
SAS wrote:

1. Leonard Fournette
2. Joe Mixon
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Dalvin Cook

:lol:

I think the first "bonus prediction" is not far fetched at all.  Joe Mixon is a talented three down RB, that might out produce all the RB's in this class, including Fournette....

Besides, a lot depends on what situation you end up in...Last year, Zeke landed in the perfect one.

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

top dawg wrote:
showstopper wrote:
SAS wrote:

1. Leonard Fournette
2. Joe Mixon
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Dalvin Cook

I think the first "bonus prediction" is not far fetched at all.  Joe Mixon is a talented three down RB, that might out produce all the RB's in this class, including Fournette....

Besides, a lot depends on what situation you end up in...Last year, Zeke landed in the perfect one.

If that first prediction is true...I have a problem with it...

BTW...it took him 2 years to publicly apologize, and his first words were he apologizes to his mother...THEN he remembered he was supposed to apologize to the girl that he assaulted...There is no room in the NFL for this type of person. I don't care if she had picked up a chair and hit him with it, he's a grown ass man, if he were a real man, he walks out that door and out of that young ladies life. But, we all know that isn't the choice he made...

Time to become relevant again in Cleveland...HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO, WOOF WOOF!!!

Thank you!: Lyman

Thumbs up Thumbs down

IrishDawg42 wrote:
top dawg wrote:
showstopper wrote:
SAS wrote:

1. Leonard Fournette
2. Joe Mixon
3. Christian McCaffrey
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Dalvin Cook

If that first prediction is true...I have a problem with it...

BTW...it took him 2 years to publicly apologize, and his first words were he apologizes to his mother...THEN he remembered he was supposed to apologize to the girl that he assaulted...There is no room in the NFL for this type of person. I don't care if she had picked up a chair and hit him with it, he's a grown ass man, if he were a real man, he walks out that door and out of that young ladies life. But, we all know that isn't the choice he made...

So you don't think he deserves ANY second chance?  The NFL should stonewall him for a split decision he made when he was 18 years old?  That's ridiculous IMO...He sat out a year of football already...

Do you have audio with that tape?  Nothing she could say would make his reaction acceptable, but it could explain a little....I'm not going to jump on the Joe Mixon "man of the year" bandwagon, I'm just saying that I think he's paid his price. The NFL warned him VERY CLEARLY by not inviting him to the Combine, that it's the sort of thing that will be dealt with harshly if repeated...  Banning him from pursuing his lifelong dream of playing in the NFL, seems like overkill to me.

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@IrishDawg42...

I don't disagree that he's a scumbag.  That said, there are plenty of them in the NFL and multiple teams not only give them chances, but some even openly embrace them.

I've seen several scouts who say they have fewer concerns with Mixon than Cook.  Cook has not shown remorse and has shown a repeated pattern of bad decisions/behavior.  Mixon has one major incident (and it's a bad one), but he's been remorseful and owned up to it.

Some team is going to roll the dice and - like Tyreek Hill - reap an immense reward.  At some point, the PR hit is going to be outweighed by the production and draft value.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's ugly tape...There's no denying it...It's just my life experience has taught me not to judge to quickly in domestic disputes, especially without knowing all the facts....Joe Mixon is guilty.  That's an undeniable fact.  There's never an excuse to lay hands on anybody...She was being aggressive, and he went way over the line...

Emotions can run deep at that age...I'm not making excuses for Joe's behavior.  I'm just saying that unless this is a pattern, I don't think he should have to pay for his idiotic mistake forever...He deserves a shot to prove himself a man in the NFL...If he re-offends, I promise, his punishment will be swift...

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

@showstopper...

Prediction #1 was meant to get to you.   :P

I do believe Cook gets drafted in the second, though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

161 ( edited by showstopper 03-22-17 05:43)

SAS wrote:

@showstopper...

Prediction #1 was meant to get to you.   :P

I do believe Cook gets drafted in the second, though.

Cook has matured a lot...these Miami kids have a bad upbringing....he's a leader and has a great work ethic and one of Jimbo's favs he ever coached....what do I think of Jimbo the person?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

PFT Live wrote:

As it relates to the existence of remorse, the most obvious question is when did Mixon first apologize to Molitor or her family? Here’s what Mixon said during a Monday visit to PFT Live.

“It was actually about two years later,” Mixon said. “I’ve always wanted to apologize but from my legal team and a couple of people from the legal situation. . . . you know, in the Oklahoma program to media it wasn’t a right time for me, the right time for me to actually apologize. I pretty much told my legal team that if I could do anything for me to at least see her face-to-face you know where nobody is around I could at least apologize and ask her for my forgiveness but they didn’t allow me to do that. The first opportunity I got, you know, I’ve taken the initiative to ask for forgiveness and apologize to her and if I could’ve did it before I would’ve done that.”

Bullshit...forgive my bluntness, but I don't care WHO is telling you to not apologize, which is utterly ridiculous to even consider, for 2 and a half years...as a man, you have the decision to make to apologize. I'm sure it was not a unanimous decision to not apologize and he took one person's advice at some point in two years and used it as an excuse to avoid it.

The "timing wasn't right", pfft...if he was remorseful, he would have never walked out the door in the first place, he would have stayed there like a man to make sure she was ok.

And don't feed me the "environment" diatribe, he grew up in Oakley California, on the coast...It is a high end suburb of San Francisco population 35,000...not to confused with Oakland CA...in the least...

Then there was this:

KFOR NewsChannel4 wrote:

NORMAN, Okla. - Newly released documents detail the altercation that got OU's running back benched for a game.

The University of Oklahoma sent out a tweet Tuesday night stating Joe Mixon was suspended.

Now, more details are being released about what led to the suspension for the running back who has found himself in the spotlight again.

Joe Mixon was so frustrated with a parking citation that he tore up the ticket in front of the parking attendant and threw it at the parking attendant.

Mixon reportedly approached the parking attendant right after the citation was written.

"Don't put that shi*t in my face," Mixon told the attendant, the incident report states.

Mixon then ripped the citation in half and threw it at the parking attendant.

According to the incident report, the torn pieces hit the parking attendant in the face.

Mixon then got into his vehicle and "inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle," the report details.

“I regret that I did not respond appropriately to parking attendants and understand and accept the consequences,” Mixon said in a statement earlier this week.

"OU sets very high standards and they must be met by all of our student-athletes,” OU head football coach Bob Stoops said.

As a result, Mixon was suspended for Thursday’s game at Iowa State, but it’s not his first suspension.

He was suspended the for the entire season back in 2014 after an incident in which he punched a woman so hard it broke several bones in her face.

Her civil lawsuit against Mixon is still pending.

So, to answer your question TD..No, I don't think he deserves a chance to be in the public spotlight and collect multi millions to play a game. He has paid his debt to society and I feel he can remorsefully live out his life working hard at being a decent human being, and hopefully heading a loving family, but my answer is no to a job in the public eye...that's my feeling on the subject..

Time to become relevant again in Cleveland...HERE WE GO BROWNIES, HERE WE GO, WOOF WOOF!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

IrishDawg42 wrote:
PFT Live wrote:

As it relates to the existence of remorse, the most obvious question is when did Mixon first apologize to Molitor or her family? Here’s what Mixon said during a Monday visit to PFT Live.

“It was actually about two years later,” Mixon said. “I’ve always wanted to apologize but from my legal team and a couple of people from the legal situation. . . . you know, in the Oklahoma program to media it wasn’t a right time for me, the right time for me to actually apologize. I pretty much told my legal team that if I could do anything for me to at least see her face-to-face you know where nobody is around I could at least apologize and ask her for my forgiveness but they didn’t allow me to do that. The first opportunity I got, you know, I’ve taken the initiative to ask for forgiveness and apologize to her and if I could’ve did it before I would’ve done that.”

Bullshit...forgive my bluntness, but I don't care WHO is telling you to not apologize, which is utterly ridiculous to even consider, for 2 and a half years...as a man, you have the decision to make to apologize. I'm sure it was not a unanimous decision to not apologize and he took one person's advice at some point in two years and used it as an excuse to avoid it.

The "timing wasn't right", pfft...if he was remorseful, he would have never walked out the door in the first place, he would have stayed there like a man to make sure she was ok.

And don't feed me the "environment" diatribe, he grew up in Oakley California, on the coast...It is a high end suburb of San Francisco population 35,000...not to confused with Oakland CA...in the least...

Then there was this:

KFOR NewsChannel4 wrote:

NORMAN, Okla. - Newly released documents detail the altercation that got OU's running back benched for a game.

The University of Oklahoma sent out a tweet Tuesday night stating Joe Mixon was suspended.

Now, more details are being released about what led to the suspension for the running back who has found himself in the spotlight again.

Joe Mixon was so frustrated with a parking citation that he tore up the ticket in front of the parking attendant and threw it at the parking attendant.

Mixon reportedly approached the parking attendant right after the citation was written.

"Don't put that shi*t in my face," Mixon told the attendant, the incident report states.

Mixon then ripped the citation in half and threw it at the parking attendant.

According to the incident report, the torn pieces hit the parking attendant in the face.

Mixon then got into his vehicle and "inched at the officer with vehicle in drive to intimidate the officer with vehicle," the report details.

“I regret that I did not respond appropriately to parking attendants and understand and accept the consequences,” Mixon said in a statement earlier this week.

"OU sets very high standards and they must be met by all of our student-athletes,” OU head football coach Bob Stoops said.

As a result, Mixon was suspended for Thursday’s game at Iowa State, but it’s not his first suspension.

He was suspended the for the entire season back in 2014 after an incident in which he punched a woman so hard it broke several bones in her face.

Her civil lawsuit against Mixon is still pending.

So, to answer your question TD..No, I don't think he deserves a chance to be in the public spotlight and collect multi millions to play a game. He has paid his debt to society and I feel he can remorsefully live out his life working hard at being a decent human being, and hopefully heading a loving family, but my answer is no to a job in the public eye...that's my feeling on the subject..

Smh... That's flat over-reaction to the video. If there wasn't videotape, this incident that you feel Mixon should spend the rest of his life paying for, wouldn't even be a discussion...

How do you tolerate Pacman Jones being in the league all these years?  Tyreek Hill?  Adrian Peterson?  Not to mention countless others...Do you know how many players have assaulted people in their past? Johnny was in trouble for hitting his girl, you didn't demand his immediate release.  Nor call for his permanent banishment...

How are you okay with Kenny Britt joining the team?

I agree that these aren't the Boy Scouts of society, by why just ban Mixon?  Just an example, but IMO, Adrian Peterson's crime was worse, and he'll be in the HoF some day.. His son wasn't an aggressive drunk screaming obscenities at him and pushing him in a public place.  He was 4!  God only knows what a four year old does to deserve being whipped bloody with a switch, but I don't remember you calling for Peterson's banishment....Nor Hill...Nor Greg Little (don't forget his stupidity and parking ticket fiasco's)...Nor Pacman...Nor Vick...Okay, maybe Vick. lol!  I know you despised him...But I think you get my point. I'm certain I could go on and on with examples of deplorable behavior committed by players, that you didn't call for their ousting...  The video is everything, and it's damning, but they can't just ban Mixon forever....They let Vick back in for crying out loud!...Mixon's punch has cost him quite a bit actually, and you know something,  it's never going to go away, thanks to that video.  He's gotta live with it forever, and he'll always be on thin ice...He could've/should've been a first round lock.

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Smh... That's flat over-reaction to the video. If there wasn't videotape, this incident that you feel Mixon should spend the rest of his life paying for, wouldn't even be a discussion...

How do you tolerate Pacman Jones being in the league all these years?  Tyreek Hill?  Adrian Peterson?  Not to mention countless others...Do you know how many players have assaulted people in their past? Johnny was in trouble for hitting his girl, you didn't demand his immediate release.  Nor call for his permanent banishment...

How are you okay with Kenny Britt joining the team?

I agree that these aren't the Boy Scouts of society, by why just ban Mixon?  Just an example, but IMO, Adrian Peterson's crime was worse, and he'll be in the HoF some day.. His son wasn't an aggressive drunk screaming obscenities at him and pushing him in a public place.  He was 4!  God only knows what a four year old does to deserve being whipped bloody with a switch, but I don't remember you calling for Peterson's banishment....Nor Hill...Nor Greg Little (don't forget his stupidity and parking ticket fiasco's)...Nor Pacman...Nor Vick...Okay, maybe Vick. lol!  I know you despised him...But I think you get my point. I'm certain I could go on and on with examples of deplorable behavior committed by players, that you didn't call for their ousting...  The video is everything, and it's damning, but they can't just ban Mixon forever....They let Vick back in for crying out loud!...Mixon's punch has cost him quite a bit actually, and you know something,  it's never going to go away, thanks to that video.  He's gotta live with it forever, and he'll always be on thin ice...He could've/should've been a first round lock.

My take is that yours is complete UNDERreaction to the video. He flat out cold cocked her and turned around and walked out the door, knowing she hit the floor almost as hard as his fist hit her face, then didn't speak of it again for 29 months...about the time he realized he wanted to enter the NFL draft...

Kenny Britt had driving citations, and an alleged bar fight that no charges were brought against him, but it is a FAR CRY from blatantly striking a woman so hard that she falls like a sack of potatoes unconscious, don't try to convince me(or yourself) that it is the same thing. I don't like the guy, but at the end of the day, it just isn't the same thing as domestic violence, imho...we all have our opinions, apparently your opinion is that it isn't that big of a deal to violently assault a woman as long as it was over a couple of years ago and he apologizes two and half years later, only to blame "the aggressive drunk woman"...where have you ever gotten that she was an aggressive drunk? She was pissed because he was calling her friend homophobic names, she yelled at him, he yelled back, she pushed him, he lunged at her, she took a swing and he ENDED HER. In no reports was alcohol ever brought into the situation in any way. Not until his ill timed apology did anyone ever mention alcohol, now you are painting her as a drunk, and apparently deserving of this...You want to "shame" me for my thoughts on the subject, I say shame on you.

God only knows what a four year old does to deserve being whipped bloody with a switch, but I don't remember you calling for Peterson's banishment....

Then you don't follow my posts very closely...I actually spoke out a helluva lot more about Peterson than I am Mixon. I had pages worth of posts on that thread.

I don't know that I am the NFL crusader and need to speak out against every single player that has played the game and had domestic violence, but for your examples...you are flat out wrong..I have posted repeatedly speaking against Pacman Jones...

As for Johnny's incident, I was the leader in calling for his release when that came out..I think your memory is shrinking. I was one of Manziel's biggest supporter until the domestic violence issues..

I think you need to spend A LOT MORE TIME FOLLOWING MY POSTS...otherwise, don't call me out...

Now for any player being discussed to becoming a part of MY team, I damn well fall within my rights to speak my mind.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

165 ( edited by TopDawg 03-23-17 07:11)

You need to phuquing re-read my post...SMH.

Since you missed all of it evidently....and don't twist my words up to suit your post.  That was ALL BULLSHIT!

Better yet, just forget it....I guess I missed all your crusades against every player that ever committed an act of violence.....We have all "spoken out" against this type behavior.  There's a huge difference between that, and calling for a lifetime banishment...Geezus christ.  Talk about over-reaction...

I can't believe you are okay with that Jim Brown statue....Where was your crusade against him???

Are there grandfather clauses on these crusades, or what?

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down