Re: Pittsburgh Penguins

Cat, a player with a NTC does not have to be protected, but one with a NMC must be. Each team can only protect one G, and if one (like MAF) has a NMC then the decision is made. They must protect MAF and therefore leave Murray exposed.

It's not a matter of the Pens wanting to trade MAF. They have to (or get MAF to waive his NMC*) or they will lose Murray to LV.

(* MAF would have all the leverage here so getting him to do this would cost.)

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

gotcha. thanks Dan K!  *DRINK*

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

A team can also only protect so many forwards and so many defensemen. They have 2 ways to go about it. They can protect an extra forward and expose another defenseman or protect another defenseman and expose another forward. So it would depend on who the team wants to keep and not expose........I think a team can protect 3 defensemen unless they want to protect 4 and expose another forward. I think thats right. But it something like that......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The options are 7 forwards, 3 defensemen, and a goalie or 8 skaters (forwards or defensemen) and a goalie.

Thank you!: igloofn68

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/josh-ho-s … 17317.html

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lemieux should be honored. He's already in the HOF and one of the greatest players in history. And had a little more skill set than Gretzky. Just ask the guy that watched him and where's his number. Just as Penguins fans feel that saw Lemieux play every game...... :D

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Our Penz are rolling and hockey life in April is good.  The top-4 points leaders in the post season are of the flock as well. Fleury was the difference maker last nite. The Caps were firing a SOG nearly once per minute and MAF was perfect stopping all 16 shots faced in the opening frame. I was watching Sullivan and Crosby barking at the team towards the end of the 1st period and then in 2nd, the Penz got it going and were unstoppable.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmrhzguaeS1qd14wlo1_500.gif

what's yer name, neighbor?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Found a really nice Caps coaster on eBay...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/297942628232855552/308222994722062337/IMG_20170430_144629.jpg
Now all it needs is a cup.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Off-Day Tidbit:
In their franchise history, the Penz have won the first 2 games in a series 18 times... and of those 18 series, the Penz have gone on to win 16 of them. They lost in 1975 to the FishStix and in 2000 to the Flyers.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Now all it needs is a cup.

vicious.
and beautiful.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thank you!: firehalo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Time to play... Who Is...???
Today its Jake Guentzel: 5'11" 180# of Omaha Nebraska. Before January 2017, we'd all be saying "WHO?!?!?!" But lately everyone in HockeyLand knows this kid is en fuego.  Guentzel is currently fourth in points in the post season (behind Malkin, Sid and TEH Phil).  He is the second rookie ever to post a hat trick and a GWG OT goal in the playoffs.  He also is the new all-time Penz's rookie leader in goals (7) during a post season and we are only in the 2nd Round.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Crosby out, frank, I think you might have jinxed them

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Crosby out? No sweat. Shrek and TEH PHIL can handle it. GO PENZ!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Good luck man, I think they'll beat the caps.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thank you!: firehalo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess my red, white & blue goggles kept me from seeing it earlier, but watching TJ Oshie play for the Caps has enabled me to view him more clearly.  IMO, He is a VERY strong competitor for the NHL-Diving championships.  Now, where's that "diving thread"?

Thumbs up Thumbs down