151 ( edited by Catfish 03-06-17 10:49)

Re: philadelphia phillies

Phillies righty Aaron Nola showed well in his spring debut, representing a notable step in his recovery from an elbow injury, as Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports. Nola, 23, showed good velocity and looked sharp, though perhaps that was to be expected. The big question for Nola and the Phils is whether his arm can stay healthy for the full season to come.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/4d442027 … ingly.html

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

153 ( edited by Catfish 03-23-17 10:11)

RIP Dallas Green!

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.fGS23CqZ%2fOQCadoRzbxO1g&pid=15.1&P=0&w=330&h=186

i met him as a kid at a Howard Johnson in NE Philly. He was a really nice guy. Larry Bowa, who was also there, was a dick and I hated him ever since.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

it's going to be a very long season. God their pitchers SUCK!

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.csnphilly.com/philadelphia-p … yptr=yahoo

START CALLING these kids up asap! The real guys are stinky !

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/ … 9_24016591

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://m.phillies.mlb.com/news/article/ … =218325368

10000% right! GM is killing them!

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Phillies Won't Rush Prospects To Majors

By Mark Polishuk | June 3, 2017 at 12:33pm CDT

Despite the Phillies’ struggles, GM Matt Klentak reiterated to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki and other media that the team hasn’t altered its approach to promoting its top minor league position players.  The likes of J.P. Crawford, Roman Quinn, Rhys Hoskins and others at Triple-A could provide the Phils with a boost or at least give the youngsters some experience at the big league level as part of the team’s overall rebuilding process.  The Phillies aren’t going to promote their prospects, however, until there is a clear opportunity for regular playing time and until each player is fully prepared for the majors.  “To expose players to the big league level before they’re ready isn’t doing them any favors, nor is it doing the organization any favors. We have to constantly balance that,” Klentak said.

typical Phillies poor management. they won 6 games in May and this is their response to their fan base?

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Its kinda a tough position to be in, but overall, you want the best possible team on the field possible. Not sure what else he can do.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Will wrote:

Its kinda a tough position to be in, but overall, you want the best possible team on the field possible. Not sure what else he can do.

the team they have now is the worst in baseball. their staff is awful and first rd pick Aaron Nola looks to be a bust. None of their starters can last past the 5th rd now. it's baffling to why many starters are done by 5 innings on their staff and a bunch around the rest of the mlb.

to me - test the trade waters with some fliers on herrera and franco. see if anyone is interested and get on the horn to AAA Lehigh and AA Reading and get those kids up here. When I read their 1b stud is blocked by Tommy Joseph i wanna scream murder! This is not Anthony Rizzo at 1b now. It's Tommy Joseph. He should not be blocking anyone's career, let alone a stud hitting 1b in the minors. This is my point Will. Blocking these prospect guys is so baffling when their starters are struggling so much. Call them up. Houston did years ago and look at them now?

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Houston is on fire... they should be a model for the Phillies to follow, I agree. They have all their bases covered and the pitching to go with it.

Philly started great, but the wheels fell off in a hurry... I agree it would be nice to get some AB's in for the Minor Leaguers, but if a feller aint injured it might be tough to send a contracted MLB player down. I don't know.

I think its not really possible to just send the starters to the trash can... they need management that can pull things off and make some trades.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

this current management has no shown ANY ability to make a quality trade! they have not shown any ability to make a bold move to help the team for the present or future. and there was talk of sending both herrera and franco down to wake them up. herrera is on a mild hitting streak now and franco looks somewhat better at the plate. other spots need a boost! their Gm is not the man for the job. he's a programmed robot from the ownership. He's no Theo!

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I agree.

Winning organizations usually start at the head and work/trickle down through the ranks... sometimes you need to cut off the head.

Will's Website

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

they promised change Will. They have a new billionaire owner who promised winning and to buy any player needed to win. He hasn't bought anyone. Michael Saunders stinks. Wasted money. Everyone keeps saying the Phillies will be big buyers in the FA winter of 2018/19 when Harper, Machado, Kershaw and others are available. I said it before...if 6 teams open up their checkbooks to those guys, they will want to go to a winning team and not a losing team. 2019 is 2 yrs away and the Phils are in last place now. Harper is not coming here. Neither is anyone else bc they aren't winning and show no signs of winning. And if the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, Astros and Dodgers all want Harper too but the Phils offer the most money - would Harper really come here? Doubtful. Like Jim Thome, it only takes 1 big FA to start the floodgates, but right now no one wants to come here. The team is terrible and the losing contagious. This is why i don't get not calling up the kids to start winning some damn games now. Show these big FA's you are COMMITTED TO WINNING. These guys aren't fools. They play against the Phils all the time and see their losing ways. No amount of money will make them come here over the top teams.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down