751 ( edited by KilkennyDan 02-20-17 08:21)

Re: Buffalo Sabres

I wish the Sabres could only play games against teams that are playoff teams, (based on 2/19/17 standings).  Their record vs. teams headed to the real season, (again if the season ended yesterday), is 17-10-6.

Unfortunately they play other teams sitting outside the playoffs too.  Against these teams their record is 9-14-4.

I think the only definitive conclusion we can draw is that it sucks to be a Sabres fan.  It may indicate that no team can sleep on Buffalo.  It may also indicate that Buffalo cannot afford to sleep on anyone, but they do.

The Sabres D blows, but any team with Risto on the roster has hope.  Jake McCabe is rounding out to be pretty good too.  Damn, you want more that 2 blueliners on your lineup.

If BUF loses one of their next two (at CO & AZ) then they absolutely will be sellers at the deadline.  The expansion draft may add almost as much excitement as we normally expect at the trade deadline.  I'm thinking it's time to sacrifice a first round pick, (top 3 protected) for D - hopefully someone from ANA.  A June deal is much more likely than Feb., however.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

753 ( edited by igloofn68 03-22-17 01:31)

I guess the Sabres will 1st try to get rid of Jorgensan, Dan? He didn't look good at all and definitely had a very bad game. I just hope Rutherford doesn't try to trade for him. The Penz have a ton of injuries and seem to have another every game they play. It's kind of surprising to the fans of Pitt that they are still winning....... *SCRATCH*

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS = PENS........Raise the Jolly Roger........Stairway to 7

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

I guess the Sabres will 1st try to get rid of Jorgenson, Dan?

Who?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

755 ( edited by igloofn68 03-22-17 01:38)

Jorge?     My bad. Josh Gorges?

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS = PENS........Raise the Jolly Roger........Stairway to 7

Thumbs up Thumbs down

756 ( edited by KilkennyDan 03-22-17 09:29)

Kulikov will not be brought back, in fact, TM essentially admits he made a mistake getting him from Florida. (Although few will remember this in a few years, Asplund came to the Sabres as part of the trade. He may prove to the biggest piece of all.)

I think the Sabres would be very lucky if Vegas were to select Bogosian in the eDraft. He can help a team (sometimes he helps the Sabres - to lose) but at his salary I doubt it'll be that easy to be rid of Zach.

Josh Gorges, he's a player a lot of fans would like to see in Vegas. He's worn the A and appears to be a better leader than a player. I suppose TM could find a way to package him in a trade. I just don't expect much for him.

If I had to guess, I would have guessed you meant Zemgus "the Lion Killer" Girgensons. Gus is one of several young F's that BUF has in abundance.  Marcus Foligno, Johann Larsson, Hudson Fasching, Will Carrier, and a couple others could all have long mid to bottom six careers. They're all the type of depth players that Stanley Cup contenders need/covet. I hope that one or two of them, along with a high draft pick, may be enough to land a top four D-man ready to step right in and play 10+ years for Buffalo.

Thumbs up Thumbs down