Re: NCAAFB - NEWS & NOTES

no offense to my many Penn St friends, but i was happy to see them lose. they all though they, not Washington, should be in the playoffs the moment Washington lost to Bama. Don't count your chickens bf they hatch girls!

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That's why there should be 6 to 8 teams in the CFP.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will wrote:

i hear ya Will. the scheduling and their exams schedules and host sites are the issue. it would bring more $$ to the schools and conferences and they love money!

to me Penn St didn't belong in the Final 4, so all the PSU fans were crying over split milk. Having 8 teams only gives teams that don't really deserve a chance to win. i like the 4 teams now. if you want in - don't lose to Pitt and UM by 39! Done!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

394 ( edited by Will 01-03-17 12:06)

Some are clamoring my Buckeyes didn't deserve to go because the didn't win their Conference Championship... PSU did, therefor earning the right, but it needs tweaked to.

Its better than it was, but seems to need some rather obvious, glaring particulars addressed.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

I agree Will. i was not sold on PSU at all. They lost to Pitt and to UM by 30! I don't care if they won the Big 10 or not. those 2 glaring losses to me are worthy of being ousted! UM and OSU had better cases than PSU to be in there.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I say nay. USC won a home game at the very end and they are a great team too. PSU was not a pretender. Horrible bowl season all round by the Big Ten though. A bit more than the practically true road games they have to play often. Also a month to game plan does a lot for a matchup.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Will wrote:

We have two teams that were clearly better than their competition in a 4 team field. Washington had a very outside shot, but the reality is that there really only needed to be these two teams. There sure as shit doesn't need to be 6 or 8 teams. Not a chance.

These hits to the head are ridiculous. They're teeing up. It's purposeful, and it shouldn't be happening. Don't play around with concussions, especially at the college level.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Pretty good game. Williams is a beast!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Renfrow with 4 TDs against Bama in 2 championship games. Two great games between these teams

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Clemson deserves every bit of this. What a game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Crazy game. Not often you beat Alabama and the Refs in the same game.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

LAOJoe wrote:

Crazy game. Not often you beat Alabama and the Refs in the same game.

i don't know Joe, every play Dabo is seen running down the sidelines screaming at the refs to look at replays on the jumbotron. i mean every play against clemson he was doing that. and where was the penalty late in the 4th qtr when he was screaming at the sideline ref? it went on for 30 seconds of verbal abuse and nothing from the ref. flag him up!

bama needed help covering that wr, so why didn't they? 2 amazing catches to extend clemson drives and saban still went 1 on 1 coverage on him. why?

kiffen has the last laugh as the bama's qb and passing offense was not the same as when kiffen was there.

clemson hung around and did what it needed to win at the end. a game for the ages.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

next year's poll has bama, clem and usc in the top 5 !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Footba … amRankings

no shock here. the rich get richer. surprised to see USC so high.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kurt Warner’s son will play at Nebraska next season

National Signing Day came and went earlier this month. And while Nebraska didn’t sign the best class, it might have signed the most unique. Among the Huskers’ 20 signees were Ben Miles (the son of Les) and Keyshawn Johnson Jr.

And on Friday we learned that the son of another famous football star will join them in Lincoln next year.

Kade Warner, the son of new Pro Football Hall of Famer Kurt Warner, announced his intention to join the Huskers as a preferred walk-on.

Kade isn’t a quarterback like his father; he’s a decorated wide receiver from the Phoenix area, where Kurt played with the Cardinals from 2005-09. Last season at Desert Mountain High School, Warner caught 83 passes for 1,062 yards and 14 touchdowns in just 10 games. He actually holds the Arizona state record with 241 career catches.

Despite all of that success, Warner had no scholarship offers. It was a Nebraska graduate assistant – who previously coached at Desert Mountain – who tipped off the Cornhuskers’ coaching staff about him. Had Warner not chosen Nebraska, he also had the chance to walk on at Arizona State.

Although he isn’t on scholarship, Warner might see the field in 2017. The Cornhuskers took one fewer scholarship wide receiver in this recruiting class than expected. Don’t be surprised if Warner fills that role. (Fox Sports)

Will's Website

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up Thumbs down