1 ( edited by KilkennyDan 01-13-17 08:42)

Topic: Bills 2017

I do not know enough about Sean McDermott yet to evaluate this hire. He has impressed me I'm a couple of indirect ways.

First, he has been described as the opposite of Rex Ryan. After two years of Rex's schtick, and an undisciplined and an underperforming team, I'm ready for a change.

He seems to be putting together a nice coaching staff. Word is he may bring in McCoy as OC. They have a history together and the Bills have some major question marks on O. (They also have some nice pieces and it may not be too hard to turn the unit around.)

They are likely to hire Leslie Frazer as DC. I know he disappointed as HC in MN, but I think he's a solid choice. The team will probably franchise CB Gilmore. They will have a nice infusion from the '16 draft that did not get on the field much this year. The D could rebound to the elite level they appeared to be until Rex, inexplicably, screwed things up.

I have not looked at the schedule yet, and I won't make a 2017 projection until then. Of course, how they handle the QB situation will be the biggest challenge in making this team a playoff contender.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Bills 2017

I think McDermott is a solid hiring. He learned under Jim Johnson in Philadelphia, then had to step into Johnson's shoes when JJ's health declined and he eventually passed away. He admittedly wasn't great in that capacity, but it seems like he continued to learn and develop in CArolina.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Bills claim defensive lineman Crichton off waivers from the Vikings...

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

http://live4sportnetwork.com/interview- … -ferguson/

Meaning of life - "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. "

Tim's Website

Thank you!: KilkennyDan

Thumbs up Thumbs down