Re: Carolina Hurricanes

hockeybob wrote:

The Hurricanes Now have more games played than the Hartford Whalers played in the NHL.

The Canes have 78 Playoff games to the Whalers' 49

This is the 18th season for the franchise in Carolina, matching the amount of seasons played in Hartford.

Saw the Whale play a ton of games.

Have never seen a Canes home game.

That's gotta change.  Of course they won't like me there on Tobacco Road since I will be wearing my Sabres sweater.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Stanley Cup will be ours in 2017.

NFL:Panthers MLB:Nationals NBA:Hornets NHL:Hurricane College:North Carolina

Thumbs up Thumbs down

By "ours" do you mean the Las Vegas Black Knights?

I think you're going to have to wait at least a year for the league to approve the relocation.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I do like what Francis is doing there.    One more year of tank command and I think they're ready to emerge from the dumpster, although that division looks very vulnerable in 17'.   

Players, staff, Karmanos, crazy pols messing up NHL business,..so much to watch in CAR the next 18 months.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Two first round picks.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mikey, are you still around?

I'm comin' to Raleigh on Dec. 16. The locals won't like me and my Sabres sweater, but I'll have plenty of company with Buffalo fans.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Canes sign G, Darling to a 4 yr. $4.15MM AAV extension. There's no reason to think he won't work out as a no. 1.

This has to be a good deal for both him and Carolina. But, what do I know?

Thumbs up Thumbs down