Re: New York Rangers

bbdo is a long-standing ad agency.  my wife worked for one of their biggest competitors back in 2012/13.

what's yer name, neighbor?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

marketing is evil, and bbd&o are no lesser demon. they're Cthulhu, at the least.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Man that hurts much more than I thought it would...Congrats Kings.

You talkin to me

Thank you!: mattymcgee55

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

http://nextimpulsesports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/20-New-York-Rangers.gif

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Do I get bonus points if I admit that I am a fan of both the Isles and the Rangers?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

we are all Isles fans here, Ike. some folk just don't have the balls to admit it is all.

STRONG ISLAND IS BACK!!!

Got Brock?!?

ANOTHER GARTH GEM!!!

Thank you!: neanderthal ike

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

neanderthal ike wrote:

Do I get bonus points if I admit that I am a fan of both the Isles and the Rangers?

Don't do that in NYC; it could get you killed.  I do not believe it's officially on the books, but pulling for both is against the law!

Next I'm gonna hear some guy say he roots for the Giants and the Jets.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thank you!: neanderthal ike

Thumbs up Thumbs down

KilkennyDan wrote:
neanderthal ike wrote:

Don't do that in NYC; it could get you killed.  I do not believe it's officially on the books, but pulling for both is against the law!

I am a Giants and Jets fan but there is a story behind it.

Without going into too much detail it ensures that all of my family including the extended familia through marriage hates me with equal zeal.

And 'F!' the Yankees. I am a Mets fan regardless of their profound ability to suck balls.

Thank you!: mattymcgee55

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

neanderthal ike wrote:
KilkennyDan wrote:
neanderthal ike wrote:

I am a Giants and Jets fan but there is a story behind it.

Without going into too much detail it ensures that all of my family including the extended familia through marriage hates me with equal zeal.

And 'F!' the Yankees. I am a Mets fan regardless of their profound ability to suck balls.

Well, you are, oddly, consistent with the Giants and the Jets.  Your Yankees vs. Mets stance is the model for New Yorkers and may be constructive for you as you reconsider the NYI & NYJ.  You must have some Strong Island and/or Queens connection to explain some of this.

FYI, I spent 25 years in NYC and while I kept my Buffalo teams, I pulled for the NYR, NYG, and a bit for the NYY; I met very few people that had any other permutations.  NYI, NYJ, and NYM fans were tolerated usually, but for instance I know zero people that root for the NYR, NYJ, and NYM.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Beginning of the season and end of the season, and the 2 most recent posts here are by NON- NYR fans.  Blue Skirts fans can't seem to find their team thread. Illiterate fux.

what's yer name, neighbor?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Is this the end?

Hank breaks down and keeps giving up big, big numbers
Yandle due a raise
McDonough can't stay healthy
Nash doing bad things to goats more often than not
Depth going to get  raises and they need to identify a bunch of cheap options fast
Etc.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was thinking of all the high profile UFAs hitting the market this summer, made me remember this:
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/100/files/2011/07/Four-four-centers-walk-into-a-bar8230.jpeg

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p … 22269.html

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down