Topic: Off Season Topic: Potheads

I know we've got a few here, 8 states now allow it legally.  So curious who tokes up, what they find is better, etc.

I though about making it a poll, but too many questions, so instead here's a list.

1) Indica or Sativa?  I know most stuff is hybrid.
2) For those in a legal state, any particular brand / strain you'd recommend?
3) Bong / Blunt / Pipe?
4) Thoughts on store bought edibles?

Finally, when watching the Bears this year, weed or beer?  I honestly think some indica weed might be better to make it through, but a good micro brew is usually by my side (sometimes cider, I've gotten into that a bit).

"Can you imagine being stretched out over that tank? Oh momma I'm comin' home!!  Please I'm on my knees begging for mercy here ...are you guys all piling on me?" -BF Sep2013

Thank you!: blang84

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Off Season Topic: Potheads

1) Between the two usually sativa, unless I want to be lazy and not go out. As you said the dealers are increasingly supplied with hybrid strains. For me sativa is much more mentally stimulating and destroys any bit of social anxiety that might be lingering around.

2) My favorites: OG kush (all time favorite), lemon kush, purple haze, girl scout cookies is what I've been getting a lot recently from my guy. That and the stellar blue dream.

3) Again depends on the mood. Blunts take way too much time to make, I'm way too lazy. If someone has already made one, fine. A joint can be rolled in less than a minute and works well for social situations or if you're alone. Most of the time it's a joint. A pipe is fine for quick hitters and good to have around if you need that. I used to smoke bongs a lot more when I was younger, but the cleaning/maintenance required, the inevitable bong water spills on your furniture or clothes, the shattering of the glass ones (I've dropped a few in my day)... been years since I've hit a bong.

4) I generally stay away from edibles, once or twice a year is what I do now. I'll eat something if I know I have/want to do absolutely nothing the rest of the day because once that edible hits me, my body literally becomes one with the couch for hours. I'm not moving. Some of my friends eat them daily, not sure how they do it. I guess it all works different for everyone.

Finally, when watching the Bears this year, weed or beer?

I'm probably the only one the board who doesn't drink, so this one is obvious for me. Although no amount of weed has made the Bears any less infuriating.

burn Halas Hall to the ground

Thank you!: vvarder

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Great points on 1/3 blang.

blang84 wrote:

2) My favorites: OG kush (all time favorite), lemon kush, purple haze, girl scout cookies is what I've been getting a lot recently from my guy. That and the stellar blue dream.

Nice, I just picked up some girl scout cookies, "Doc Croc" which was a bit more but the chick at the counter raved about them.

Washington state sucks for a lot of stuff.  Weed isn't one of them.  There are stores all over the damn place.  BUT, legal comes with a hefty tax and higher prices too.

http://www.emeraldhazece.com/products-2/
They have 4 kinds of OG kush, 6 types of girl scout cookies.

4) I generally stay away from edibles, once or twice a year is what I do now. I'll eat something if I know I have/want to do absolutely nothing the rest of the day because once that edible hits me, my body literally becomes one with the couch for hours. I'm not moving. Some of my friends eat them daily, not sure how they do it. I guess it all works different for everyone

People generally make these for you right, or did you make them yourself (I can't imagine your guy carries any)?  I feel like there's a LOT of wiggle room here in what you get.

"Can you imagine being stretched out over that tank? Oh momma I'm comin' home!!  Please I'm on my knees begging for mercy here ...are you guys all piling on me?" -BF Sep2013

Thumbs up Thumbs down

4 ( edited by chitownfan312 03-18-17 10:34)

I don't really smoke that much anymore mostly due to my job and drug testing, but when I do use I prefer as close to a straight sativa as possible.  Perfect example is the OG Kush I picked up a couple weeks ago.  2 hits and it felt like a ten ton hammer clocked me in the head.  I don't like really like sedative effects of indicas but it sure tasted nice.

When I was up in Portland a couple months ago I picked up some Golden Pineapple and I have to say that was definitely the best tasting stuf I've ever had plus it was killer sativa dominant.  Also picked up some Tangie and that was a killer sativa buzz.

The funniest part about that though is that's the first time I ever bought at a dispensary.  I didn't know what to expect and when I walked into the place it turns out it's a bunch of Wisconsin transplants running it and they all had their Packers jerseys on.  Cool ass dudes too so I couldn't hold that against them lol

As far as preferences I've always been a glass pipe guy or a joint person, although that's actually kind of wasteful for high grade stuff.  Good for events like a concert though.

But when it comes to Bears football it's always good to start drinking early, that's the best way to tolerate them.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Washington state sucks for a lot of stuff.  Weed isn't one of them.  There are stores all over the damn place.

Damn. I still haven't been to one of the states with the legal shops.

People generally make these for you right, or did you make them yourself (I can't imagine your guy carries any)?  I feel like there's a LOT of wiggle room here in what you get.

You'd be surprised what you can get from a "guy" these days. Not only does mine have edibles such as cookies or brownies (all wrapped neatly in saran wrap) but he also has hard candy. That shit hit me just like the other edibles. There maybe a lot of wiggle room, but my body doesn't seem to know the difference as long as it's an edible.

burn Halas Hall to the ground

Thumbs up Thumbs down

vvarder wrote:

I know we've got a few here, 8 states now allow it legally.  So curious who tokes up, what they find is better, etc.

I though about making it a poll, but too many questions, so instead here's a list.

3) Bong / Blunt / Pipe?

Finally, when watching the Bears this year, weed or beer?  I honestly think some indica weed might be better to make it through, but a good micro brew is usually by my side (sometimes cider, I've gotten into that a bit).

1. Indica. I've smoked pot all my life but now I use it for pain maintenance and sleep. (I fell off our roof in 2000 and injured my neck).
2. ♫ Homegrown's alright by me. Homegrown is the way it should be ♪
3. Edibles. I make tea with mine and/or I make cookies and brownies from scratch coz that's how I flow ...
4. I've never tried anything store bought. I can't image that they would taste better than what I make (I converted an existing very popular recipe that I use for chocolate chip cookies, add cocoa powder to the mix and voila ... awesome, chewy and tasty cookies that help your face meet the floor ...

Blow up the McCaskeys!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been to colorado several times since legalization, those bastards are literally living the high life. Its incredible, there are shops EVERYWHERE.

I recently moved and dont have a friend to buy from anymore. I am notoriously skiddish about buying the shit so unfortunately for me without that friend It doesn't look like i'll be enjoying this pass time anytime soon

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What bothers me is the current administration wants to now begin to enforce the Federal law on the states that have legalized weed citing the growing number of opioid deaths as a concern. I don't have a problem with their concern, but I do have a problem with their target to correct the problem, because states that currently have legal weed have shown a reduction in opioid deaths of 25%. So why then would they target these states? With more and more states jumping on board the legal marijuana bandwagon how much would the big pharmaceutical companies stand to lose in opioid sales if every state jumped on board?

Reality is only an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

9 ( edited by chitownfan312 03-20-17 07:35)

tunafat wrote:

What bothers me is the current administration wants to now begin to enforce the Federal law on the states that have legalized weed citing the growing number of opioid deaths as a concern. I don't have a problem with their concern, but I do have a problem with their target to correct the problem, because states that currently have legal weed have shown a reduction in opioid deaths of 25%. So why then would they target these states? With more and more states jumping on board the legal marijuana bandwagon how much would the big pharmaceutical companies stand to lose in opioid sales if every state jumped on board?

Not sure if they want political arguments around here but unfortunately liberals have done more to destroy states rights on issues than anyone else.  On almost every issue they want to use the federal government to undermine state level decisions, but on this one issue they claim states rights somehow?  I'm all for states rights as laid out in the constitution but libs have spent the last 120 years destroying the 10th amendment. 

Also don't forget that in 2009 and 2010 liberals could have easily legalized it through the legislative process but they didn't even touch the issue.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not sure if they want political arguments around here but unfortunately liberals have done more to destroy states rights on issues than anyone else.

ct312 I was making the argument of them enforcing federal law on marijuana on something that has helped so many people "marijuana" for reasons contrary to what statistics show. Stay on point don't waffle off on the 10th amendment. If they really wanted to help in the opioid epidemic they would encourage more states to legalize it not crack down the states that do.

Reality is only an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

11 ( edited by chitownfan312 03-20-17 06:42)

tunafat wrote:

Not sure if they want political arguments around here but unfortunately liberals have done more to destroy states rights on issues than anyone else.

ct312 I was making the argument of them enforcing federal law on marijuana on something that has helped so many people "marijuana" for reasons contrary to what statistics show. Stay on point don't waffle off on the 10th amendment. If they really wanted to help in the opioid epidemic they would encourage more states to legalize it not crack down the states that do.

The Trump administration said they are specifically targeting the recreational market.  They said that medical MJ would be untouched.

I'm 100% for legalization but the law is the law unfortunately.  Many of the arguments made against marijuana (contaminated product, laced product, etc) are a direct result of the forced black market.  And that doesn't even get into the synthetic MJ problem.

Drug laws have been a federal issue ever since the progressive movement began, specifically the FDR administration for the most part.  States can do whatever they want but until the Feds officially relinquish their stranglehold over this issue through congressional legislation it's not going away.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not sure if they want political arguments around here but unfortunately liberals have done more to destroy states rights on issues than anyone else.  On almost every issue they want to use the federal government to undermine state level decisions, but on this one issue they claim states rights somehow?  I'm all for states rights as laid out in the constitution but libs have spent the last 120 years destroying the 10th amendment.

Also don't forget that in 2009 and 2010 liberals could have easily legalized it through the legislative process but they didn't even touch the issue.

So I'm going to toe a line here and actually defend liberals--but want to do so without coming off as one, because outside of some social issues; I'm far from one personally.  Long ago I learned that while liberals said the right things and wanted to do them, they became (and still are) spineless when it came to opposition from the right wing.

As for liberals "not touching the issue  in 2010 or 2009," nobody did.  This is just my opinion being in non legal states based on observation--and full disclosure--I live in Chicago but have been to Seattle, Portland, and aim to go to Colorado soon.

But nobody wants to be the first to make it legal.  And many politicians when a general consensus of citizens don't care toeing this line kind of line because its almost akin to prohibition back in the 20s when they tried that fad. Politicians everywhere seemingly don't want to commit political suicide, because going back to this country's early days--we're descendants (unless you're an immigrant) of religious tightwads, and they have evolved.  Its one of the reasons we're one of the most restrictive 1st world countries, and among the least free if you really look at it.  Republicans, and everybody except libertarians and green party people are in the same boat as liberals in your example.  It goes both ways. 

As for the federal government sticking its hand in everything--yeah--they've definitely (F)!ed some things up.  They've also done some excellent things and made excellent policies a century ago that are still alive and well today, its almost miraculous; but its almost lost on people these days because its about the new American mindset--where compromise is weakness and you only win if you take 100% from the other party.

But they kind of have to in some instances.  I'm sorry--but half of the country wanted slavery a long time ago.  They had to step in.  And I get that's a cheap example on some people likely brushed aside by "well that was over 150 years ago" counter.  There are just some careless red states out there (blue too, Illinois is a big one), but I'm going to focus on the red ones.  States like Idaho, Kansas, Oklahoma, and many "flyover" states practice voodoo economics--or this hilarious, con-artist idea that slashing taxes and revenue to nothing then spending a lot and putting it on the credit card, and then promoting privatization--which is far too hit and miss.....almost make them 3rd world country woes. 

Idaho has sold over 40% of state owned land (state parks, things like that) to China and other corporate industries since 2000 (From Idaho dept of land & wilderness).  They're that broke.  Not even 17 full years into the 21st century, and almost half of their land is gone.   

Sam Brownback has (F)!ed every family/household making less than 60k together in Kansas.  And he keeps getting elected.  You read about struggling families who need the help and feel bad--but still somehow wonder how the hell he convinces people to vote for him again. 

Many states destroy education, and that becomes apparent when you see some idiots across the country become flabbergasted when their guy, Trump, won--yet they voted to lose their own healthcare, important resources like after-school programs, single parent aid, specific and necessary services for disabled, and many more. 

Or you could be like North Carolina, where nobody with a straight face can be convincing in saying the bathroom law made by that McRory tool is anything other than just hate against trans people. 

Yeah--it can get almost exhausting and annoying when the federal government oversteps and meddles in something it shouldn't, but they have to at times--otherwise dumbass states with dumbass people electing weasel politicians who make dumbass laws and/or decisions which clearly violate people's rights in some way (or just make the highest bidder happy). 

And normally, its in the name of "defense" or safety or some horseshit like that.   And the government being a safety net for dumbass states doesn't seem to be a bad thing when its stuff like hurricane/disaster relief.  I remember when that fat 'F!' Chris Christie, talking about running for president--slamming former president Obama--then when the hurrican hit?  Begging like a little bitch for relief and aid.   

'F!' politicians.  They don't care about any of us.  They wan their friends who are the highest bidders to be happy and couldn't give a 'F!' about you or I--unless we got the dough.

As for pot:  I don't care for indica or sativa.  Good weed is good weed.  Bad weed is bad weed.  I keep it simple--give me the good stuff; whether its the stuff that 'clocks me over the head' like someone posted above, or just makes me an immovable blob that melted into my couch.

3) Bong / Blunt / Pipe?

Normally I'm a pipe guy, but Bong interests me.

Edibles are great--just have an idea, or ask your connect how potent they can be, because I had a baked good not long ago--and normally it needs an hour or two to kick in for the hours of great feeling--but in this instant it made me immovable for 16 hours.

This is breaking news from CNN...........or Fox..........or whatever--Fuck you

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I like puppies

Thumbs up Thumbs down

14 ( edited by vvarder 03-20-17 10:29)

chitownfan312 wrote:

I don't really smoke that much anymore mostly due to my job and drug testing, but when I do use I prefer as close to a straight sativa as possible.  Perfect example is the OG Kush I picked up a couple weeks ago.  2 hits and it felt like a ten ton hammer clocked me in the head.  I don't like really like sedative effects of indicas but it sure tasted nice.

Nice, I like the recommendations I will have to check some of these out.

chitownfan312 wrote:

As far as preferences I've always been a glass pipe guy or a joint person, although that's actually kind of wasteful for high grade stuff.  Good for events like a concert though.

Why is it wasteful?  I always figure the pipe burns everything.  Or are you just talking joints, because that I can kind of get.  I forgot the "vape" option, because I've never tried.

babyfan wrote:

2. ♫ Homegrown's alright by me. Homegrown is the way it should be ♪
3. Edibles. I make tea with mine and/or I make cookies and brownies from scratch coz that's how I flow ...
4. I've never tried anything store bought. I can't image that they would taste better than what I make (I converted an existing very popular recipe that I use for chocolate chip cookies, add cocoa powder to the mix and voila ... awesome, chewy and tasty cookies that help your face meet the floor ...

You can actually grow legally in Oregon up to one plant they say, Washington that's not legal but man, it looks complicated anyway.  Do you really want awesome tasting edibles?  They are so powerful anyway.  Care to share a recipe?

Go Bearsssss wrote:

I've been to colorado several times since legalization, those bastards are literally living the high life. Its incredible, there are shops EVERYWHERE.

I recently moved and dont have a friend to buy from anymore. I am notoriously skiddish about buying the shit so unfortunately for me without that friend It doesn't look like i'll be enjoying this pass time anytime soon

Washington State legalized the same year, yet no one talks about it.  Maybe because the taxes are unreal.  It is fantastic to not have to trust someone, sad as that sounds.

patg006 wrote:

'F!' politicians.  They don't care about any of us.  They wan their friends who are the highest bidders to be happy and couldn't give a 'F!' about you or I--unless we got the dough.

This really sums up my feelings on politics.  To be fair though, Republicans are the ones who believe strongly in states rights, so it pisses me off a bit as someone moderate who generally believes in states rights that THIS is the issue they'd want to enforce.  I've always held that in this case making it legal and TAXING it benefits the populace as people get it anyway.  And it's more of a "gateway" drug when you have to go to someone shady to get it, no?

patg006 wrote:

As for pot:  I don't care for indica or sativa.  Good weed is good weed.  Bad weed is bad weed.  I keep it simple--give me the good stuff; whether its the stuff that 'clocks me over the head' like someone posted above, or just makes me an immovable blob that melted into my couch.

3) Bong / Blunt / Pipe?

Normally I'm a pipe guy, but Bong interests me.

Edibles are great--just have an idea, or ask your connect how potent they can be, because I had a baked good not long ago--and normally it needs an hour or two to kick in for the hours of great feeling--but in this instant it made me immovable for 16 hours.

So here, it seems the standard is 10mg THC on these professionally done ones, again, an advantage to legality is that it's like going to the grocery store.
Apparently this place sells 5mg THC ones too: http://seattlecannabis.co/spot/ but I didn't see any of those on the shelf.

I agree on good weed is good weed, but I am blown away by the choices here.  I used to be a "beggars can't be choosers" type of guy.

chitownfan312 wrote:

I like puppies

So what you're saying is you're HIGH RIGHT NOW.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh, and I didn't want to answer my own poll and encourage results, but I will now:

I started this because I'm still overwhelmed by choice as I said in the last reply.  I figured once I knew what was what that I would like Indica better, but I actually think Sativa is where it's at.  Mood depends I guess.

The girl scout cookies get a thumbs up from me, but Grandaddy Purple was an interesting blend.  I hated it at first but it's kind of grown on me.

3) Bong / Blunt / Pipe?
Always been a pipe guy, but I'm considering a bong.  Blang's point on maintenance gives me pause, but I feel like it's more mellow, and it is "filtered".

I still haven't had any myself from the store, but I bought some.  Apparently they don't taste great but they produce the "hit you with a hammer" effect all the same, and they were pretty inexpensive.

Thumbs up Thumbs down