Re: Free Agency

Big Bens Men wrote:
dirk275 wrote:

Revis got his charges dropped and has interest in the Steelers. This intrigues me at face value but I don't know all  the particulars. Would he be an upgrade at this point?

Would he be an upgrade? Over cockrill I'd say so wouldn't you? Revis had a poor year last season and one would think he is eager for  a bounce back season. The question is does he have enough left in the tank? If the money was right I wouldn't be against a two year deal as we could use an experienced vet in the secondary to help nurture the young guys but I'm not sure he's a guy the steelers would typically touch.

Cockrell is six years younger but that's it. In the grand scheme of things, I think the Steelers should buy now because Ben only has a few years left. Revis is 31 but if, like you say, he has some motivation and the price is right, I say, go for it.

Hate keeps a man alive. It gives him strength.-Quintus Arrius

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

dirk275 wrote:
Big Bens Men wrote:
dirk275 wrote:

Revis got his charges dropped and has interest in the Steelers. This intrigues me at face value but I don't know all  the particulars. Would he be an upgrade at this point?

Would he be an upgrade? Over cockrill I'd say so wouldn't you? Revis had a poor year last season and one would think he is eager for  a bounce back season. The question is does he have enough left in the tank? If the money was right I wouldn't be against a two year deal as we could use an experienced vet in the secondary to help nurture the young guys but I'm not sure he's a guy the steelers would typically touch.

Cockrell is six years younger but that's it. In the grand scheme of things, I think the Steelers should buy now because Ben only has a few years left. Revis is 31 but if, like you say, he has some motivation and the price is right, I say, go for it.

No way. His declining skills combined with his locker room cancer attitude hopefully makes the Steelers stay away from him.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

No way. His declining skills combined with his locker room cancer attitude hopefully makes the Steelers stay away from him.

This all day.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

steelersking wrote:
dirk275 wrote:
Big Bens Men wrote:
dirk275 wrote:

Thanks King for your input. I'm not always as informed as I can be on some guys. Revis is a name but perhaps at this stage, that's all. Hope the team makes the best decision, whatever it is.

Hate keeps a man alive. It gives him strength.-Quintus Arrius

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dirk275 wrote:
steelersking wrote:
dirk275 wrote:
Big Bens Men wrote:
dirk275 wrote:

Thanks King for your input. I'm not always as informed as I can be on some guys. Revis is a name but perhaps at this stage, that's all. Hope the team makes the best decision, whatever it is.

2 or 3 years ago I'd be for taking a chance on him, if he price was right. But Revis Island looked more like burnt toast last season, and with his latest arrest to me shows he hasn't lost the me first attitude. I could be way off of course, certainly wouldn't be the first time lol

Thumbs up Thumbs down

steelersking wrote:
dirk275 wrote:
steelersking wrote:
dirk275 wrote:
Big Bens Men wrote:
dirk275 wrote:

2 or 3 years ago I'd be for taking a chance on him, if he price was right. But Revis Island looked more like burnt toast last season, and with his latest arrest to me shows he hasn't lost the me first attitude. I could be way off of course, certainly wouldn't be the first time lol

Not at corner, might try him at safety in place of Mitchell, Revis is a better cover guy than mitchell. Mitchell got burnt against NE in the playoff game. Gets caught looking in the backfield too much. Mitchell is a better tackler than Revis though. you have the rookies on one side Davis/Burns the other you have Cockrell/Revis.  Revis over the top would scare me.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play" - Jack Lambert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Revis would have to understand that his declining skills are not worth as much money that he usually makes. They could try him at safety and see how he does but he would have to take a pay cut. He wants to play for the Steelers but for how much. If he's not very good, they can cut him. He's more of a ball hawk and I would try him at Free Safety considering he can't tackle well. Davis would be the better tackler and keep him at Strong Safety.......What do you think about T.J. Watt if available? Most mocks have him going in the early 2nd round.....Some mocks now have the Giants taking Reddick ahead of the Steelers if that holds true. I also think a lot could change again before the draft. We'll have to wait and see.

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS = PENS........Raise the Jolly Roger........Stairway to 7

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steelers signed RB Knile Davis to a one-year contract.
The Steelers, who have yet to re-sign free agent DeAngelo Williams, are beginning the process of collecting bodies behind Le'Veon Bell. Davis has become a full-blown journeyman, spending parts of 2016 with the Chiefs, Jets, Packers and then Chiefs again. Going on 26, Davis owns a career 3.22 YPC. He'll be far from assured of a spot on the 53-man roster.
Source: Gerry Dulac on Twitter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

CB Coty Sensabaugh and DE Tyson Alualu also visiting the Steelers today

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Steelers signed CB Coty Sensabaugh, formerly of the Giants, to a two-year contract.
The ex-Titan signed a "three-year deal" with the Rams last year, but was cut loose a few weeks into the regular season. He latched on with the Giants three days later, and contributed replacement-level snaps down the stretch. He's a depth piece who will be afforded the benefit of the doubt with regards to cracking the 53-man roster in Pittsburgh. He'll be a candidate to man the slot.
Related: Giants
Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sounds like we are just bringing in a bunch of warm bodies, losers for camp.

Techheart 3.0 = The Realist

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

techheart wrote:

I'm pretty sure Sensabaugh was a guy a lot of us liked. Could be worth a nice look.

Class this missed

Thumbs up Thumbs down

And as far as knile is concerned, he's a better kickoff return man than anyone we have on the roster now.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play" - Jack Lambert

Thumbs up Thumbs down

StlCrtn wrote:
techheart wrote:

I'm pretty sure Sensabaugh was a guy a lot of us liked. Could be worth a nice look.

Hope you're right.

Techheart 3.0 = The Realist

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm always interested in other fan base's opinions . . .So put your disdain for the Browns and jokes aside for a second, if you would, and tell me what your thoughts are on what the Browns have done so far this year in free agency.

Thanks in advance.

Do not confuse effort with results.

Thumbs up Thumbs down