1 ( edited by KilkennyDan 03-11-17 01:39)

Topic: 2017 NHL Draft

The expansion draft in mid-June is going to get more attention because every team will lose a player off the current organization.  The entry draft - once you get past the first 2 to 3 picks - is usually about boys that may be a few years, if ever, from making an impact.

Still the entry draft is the best way to build a team over the long haul.  It's time to start taking a look.

One thing I have found very challenging is to stay on top of Euro prospects.  But there are a ton of NHL players from Europe, so it's important.  I found this site that may be of interest: http://draftineurope.blogspot.com/

Overall the 2017 is shaping up to be a rather weak draft class.  Otherwise, the lottery will operate the same way it did last year; Vegas will be seeded as if they were the 29th team, (3rd overall pick) before the lottery.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thank you!: Catfish, mattymcgee55, Will

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: 2017 NHL Draft

i wish i could give more than 1  *WALL*

canucks have never picked #1

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 ( edited by Will 03-30-17 04:42)

The Expansion Draft will be made public...The list of players protected and made available by each NHL team for the Expansion Draft that will help stock the Vegas Golden Knights will be released to the public, the League announced Wednesday...

The list is likely to be released on June 18 at the same time it is distributed to the teams, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said...

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

2017 Final Prospect Rankings-

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thank you!: Catfish, hockeybob

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Will wrote:

The Expansion Draft will be made public...The list of players protected and made available by each NHL team for the Expansion Draft that will help stock the Vegas Golden Knights will be released to the public, the League announced Wednesday...

The list is likely to be released on June 18 at the same time it is distributed to the teams, Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said...

It won't be made public until the draft or after Vegas picks and before the picks are announced.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mattymcgee55 wrote:

2017 Final Prospect Rankings-

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

9 of the first 15 N American skaters are 6' 2" or taller...have they not learned anything?

Looks like the US isn't going to have many picks in the first two rounds.    Interesting that 6 of the top 7 NA goalies are from the US though. 

Minnesota and Washington are the only 2 teams that traded their first rounder so far.   Dallas has ANAs first on condition of WCF and SJ loses their first to Vancouver on condition of SCF victory

Yakupov will only have cost STL a 3rd because he scored less than 14 goals...won't even get halfway there.   Truly a bust, I thought he was going to turn it around  with a new chance.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

after multiple theorems and graphs on draft modules.  the canucks will take spa.  smallest player available.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This draft lottery is bananas.
Either Philly, Dallas, or Nj picking 1st.
Colorado, Vancouver and co. must be pissed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

And Jersey it is.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is probably the worst draft in years for the lottery winner. Still, I'd rather be picking in the top-3, or staying at #6. Buffalo gets bumped down to 8th.

I guess the Sabres used up too much karma by winning the first-ever draft lottery (in 1970).  Since then they've had bumpkis in the lottery.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1) New Jersey
2) Philadelphia
3) Dallas

The Devils pick first for the first time ever, (although the franchise has its second top pick; the Colorado Rockies selected Rob Ramage #1 in 1979).

Colorado, with the best odds of picking first drop to 4th. Nucks never win draft lotteries. Vegas's first pick ever will be #6.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

They got to fix this!

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

whatever!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Miro Heiskanen - D - HIFK (FIN) - 6’0”, 170 pounds
MITTELSTADT, CASEY  6' 1" 201 Center EDEN PRAIRIE HIGH-MN
VILARDI, GABRIEL  6' 3"  201 Center WINDSOR OHL
Some good talent still at #5

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Flyers moving up to #2 is the big story.

Thank you!: Catfish

Thumbs up Thumbs down