Fournette = Trent Richardson

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: 2017 NFL DRAFT - RUNNING BACKS

top dawg wrote:

If Cook = CJ Spiller

then...

Salute that....Spiller was injured all the time....Fournette is injured all the time....give me Cook all day long

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Look I know u guys have your opinion, but I have been watching him since his Frosh yr...he has dominated his 3 biggest opponents every yr(Clem, Miami and Fla)...he just surpassed an all time great at FSU in Warrick Dunn(great NFL career) no question Cook is the better player....he can take it to the house on any touch and there is no doubt he will make a HUGE impact his rookie yr and beyond

Thumbs up Thumbs down

showstopper wrote:

and there is no doubt he will make a HUGE impact his rookie yr and beyond

There are always questions as to how well a rookie will play when he steps up a level, and usually it has just as much to do with the situation he lands in as it does his natural ability.

"Kid, I wouldn't last five minutes leading an outfit like that if I wasn't as rotten as hell."

Tim's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Tim wrote:
showstopper wrote:

and there is no doubt he will make a HUGE impact his rookie yr and beyond

There are always questions as to how well a rookie will play when he steps up a level, and usually it has just as much to do with the situation he lands in as it does his natural ability.

True but he's not going top 5(I don't think) so he shuld fall into a good situation

Thumbs up Thumbs down

36 ( edited by TopDawg 02-12-17 11:34)

Fournette and Cook are both really solid RB's, and a case can be made for either one as to whom is actually the better NFL prospect, I must admit.  If more than 15 picks separate them on draft day, it will be surprising.  As much as I want the Browns to focus on defense, I wouldn't be upset at all if they decided to take a shot at either of these backs with the #12 pick...And if not, there are others I like later, and one guy that really stands out to me is Curtis Samuel.  Amazing athlete that can get that separation, and know's what to do once the ball is in his hands...Not a guy that you will give 20 carries to, but he can effect a game in his own way.  The Pats RB caught 14 passes in the SB.  Having a guy that can roll out of the backfield and just be a match-up nightmare for the defense is an awesome thing.  Line him up anywhere. Curtis Samuel could be a ridiculous weapon for a creative guy like Hue Jackson....

http://scarletandgame.com/files/2015/08/curtis-samuel-ncaa-football-kent-state-ohio-state.jpg

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

top dawg wrote:

I actually don't disagree with that.  Trent Richardson was the #3 overall pick for good reason... he was the closest thing to an Adrian Peterson clone that had come along since 2007.

Richardson's work ethic and ability to comprehend an NFL playbook ruined his career but the talent was always there.  I would posit that's really Fournette's only limitation to becoming an all-time great: work ethic and comprehension.

More of a prophet, less of a poster.™  #TeamCody

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SAS wrote:
top dawg wrote:

I actually don't disagree with that.  Trent Richardson was the #3 overall pick for good reason... he was the closest thing to an Adrian Peterson clone that had come along since 2007.

Richardson's work ethic and ability to comprehend an NFL playbook ruined his career but the talent was always there.  I would posit that's really Fournette's only limitation to becoming an all-time great: work ethic and comprehension.

Couldn't that be said about any highly ranked draftee?

Do not confuse effort with results.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SAS wrote:
top dawg wrote:

Do not confuse effort with results.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lyman wrote:

Any highly-ranked "can't miss" guy, yeah.  That's why the interviews with the players are so important and it boggles my mind that people still get them wrong (or don't do them, in Ray Farmer's case).

Thank you!: IrishDawg42, TopDawg

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I didn't see a lot of him in college, but I've noticed this guy creeping up draft boards.  He's going in the first on a lot of mocks....

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/567/982/6_3982567.jpg

Alvin Kamara   5'10/ 215
Tennessee
projected 40 time; 4.55

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

^^^ He's gotta be better than Montario Hardesty, right?

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

top dawg wrote:

Montario Hardesty

https://media.giphy.com/media/owbp1CzIuv8Ig/giphy.gif

Thank you!: Lyman, TopDawg

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Some people think RB's are a dime a dozen, and that you can always find them late in drafts or after as UDFA...No doubt, our recent experience with Trent Richardson and Isaiah Crowell would lend credence to that...I believe there is some truth to it. You might find a tough RB that other scouts missed, but you don't find talent's like Curtis Samuel after the draft.  He may seem like a guy without a position, but he needs to be on the field.  Get him the ball. He will create the space....I always thought at Ohio State they just didn't get the football in his hands enough...

let it ride

Thumbs up Thumbs down

SAS wrote:
top dawg wrote:

Bama's OL has been so good over the yrs they have dominated college football..these RBs(T-Rich, Yeldon, Henry, etc) make it look easy running through gigantic holes...we all know those holes are few and far btwn in the NFL so these guys struggle...over the last 10-15 yrs which Bama RB has excelled at the next level?

Thumbs up Thumbs down