Re: Does anyone really care about Brady's jersey?

AxeMurderer wrote:

Edit: So you have the wrong feeling, no?

I don't believe so, no.  I think you'd be a bit cheesed that some low-life stole something that Ben might have wanted as a personal souvenir or that he wanted to donate to the Football Hall of Fame.

I never brought up Ben's jersey. I have always said for quite a few years now that I think Brady is the best QB ever. As you can see from this past post, Axe is the one that brought it up. And as I have posted here, I could care less about Brady's or Ben's jersey's. And yes Matt, I think you know the answer to that already.

Now let's get up to date: Just heard on the local news that Brady thinks he may have put the jersy in the wrong bag and it may not have been stolen. They won't know for sure until the plane lands and the luggage is taken off......Bummer! :D

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I never brought up Ben's jersey.

thats weird. i mustve been quoting someone else then.

"We're not gonna lose quite as easy as we have in the past." -K. Lowe

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mattymcgee55 wrote:

I never brought up Ben's jersey.

thats weird. i mustve been quoting someone else then.

Axe is the one that brought up Ben's.......I have also said in this thread that I was never crazy about Ben's personality. But I still wanted the Steelers to win.....

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Now let's get up to date: Just heard on the local news that Brady thinks he may have put the jersy in the wrong bag and it may not have been stolen. They won't know for sure until the plane lands and the luggage is taken off......Bummer! :D

So does that mean someone in the pats organization is going to get in trouble for filing a false police report?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/who-s … ew-theory/

the keystone cops have a new theory that it wasn't stolen at all and on the truck?

hmm. ok. right now some locker room worker has that jersey and laughing at everyone involved.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:
AxeMurderer wrote:

Edit: So you have the wrong feeling, no?

I don't believe so, no.  I think you'd be a bit cheesed that some low-life stole something that Ben might have wanted as a personal souvenir or that he wanted to donate to the Football Hall of Fame.

I never brought up Ben's jersey. I have always said for quite a few years now that I think Brady is the best QB ever. As you can see from this past post, Axe is the one that brought it up. And as I have posted here, I could care less about Brady's or Ben's jersey's. And yes Matt, I think you know the answer to that already.

not going to speak for him but i believe he was bringing up the hypocrisy of this thread. hypothetically had Ben Roethlisberger won 5 SBs and had a historical HOF bound jersey stolen you wouldnt look at it in the same vein.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Jeanquev wrote:

So does that mean someone in the pats organization is going to get in trouble for filing a false police report?

wouldnt be surprised. maybe Goodell can take away a couple 4th rounders.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

not going to speak for him but i believe he was bringing up the hypocrisy of this thread. hypothetically had Ben Roethlisberger won 5 SBs and had a historical HOF bound jersey stolen you wouldnt look at it in the same vein.

That's the point I was driving at.

Now, Igloo says he wouldn't feel any differently. While I respect his word on that, I nonetheless remain skeptical.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

39 ( edited by igloofn68 02-10-17 12:05)

Believe me Axe, you don't have to feel skeptical at all over a players jersey from me! Let's look at it from the Houston Police view? They are putting their best foot forward and putting the murders on hold.......But Dan thinks this a BIG case because it's a jersey....... %)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

who is putting murders on hold?
it would be grand theft if it was in fact stolen. do you think that investigating any case of grand theft puts murders on hold?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It WOULDN"T be grand theft in Texas law. It would be a misdemeanor. The Houston Police don't really care about the jersey. Go back to a couple pages and at the top Joe gave a rundown on Texas law......So yes, it's an important jersey. let's drop everything and find it! :D

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

It WOULDN"T be grand theft in Texas law. It would be a misdemeanor. The Houston Police don't really care about the jersey. Go back to a couple pages and at the top Joe gave a rundown on Texas law......So yes, it's an important jersey. let's drop everything and find it! :D

It's likely 1st degree theft(which is equivalent to grand larceny) if they take the expected value into account. It's only a misdemeanor if they take the original, non-Brady-worn Jersey into account.

Thank you!: mattymcgee55

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

maybe cut sarcasm out here igloo.
do you think there is any correlation to Houston's ability to investigate murders and looking for the missing Tom Brady jersey?

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

Lol, minus 1 but no answer igloo?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

I am only replying since you appear to revel in a petty conversation. I am very glad that you are not a legal authority, because your response here belies a complete lack of comprehension of what we're talking about.  In other words, you are wrong.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thumbs up Thumbs down