Topic: Does anyone really care about Brady's jersey?

Yes, does anyone really care about Brady's jersey being stolen with Texas Rangers on the case and now the baseball team in Texas jumping in? And White forgetting to keep the game winning football he caught? All over the news over a jersey and a big deal about a shirt! The only people that care might be the people living in and near Boston...... *NO* :D

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS = PENS........Raise the Jolly Roger........Stairway to 7

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Does anyone really care about Brady's jersey?

Yes, does anyone really care about Brady's jersey being stolen with Texas Rangers on the case and now the baseball team in Texas jumping in? And White forgetting to keep the game winning football he caught? All over the news over a jersey and a big deal about a shirt! The only people that care might be the people living in and near Boston...... *NO* :D

Why do I have the feeling that if Roethlisberger had been the first QB to 5 Super Bowls and HIS jersey was stolen, you'd be whistling a far different tune?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

3 ( edited by igloofn68 02-08-17 01:43)

Not sure I would be Axe.......1. I wouldn't be able to afford it and how does it get stolen with thousands of people in the locker room and nobody seeing who took it? Next up - camera's in the locker rooms? Plus the fact that if I had it , I'd sell it for $500.00! *OK*

Edit: So you have the wrong feeling, no?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AxeMurderer wrote:

Why do I have the feeling that if Roethlisberger had been the first QB to 5 Super Bowls and HIS jersey was stolen, you'd be whistling a far different tune?

Nah.  He wouldn't be whistling . . . He would be directing a symphonic orchestra.

Do not confuse effort with results.

Thank you!: Will

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I don't believe so, no.  I think you'd be a bit cheesed that some low-life stole something that Ben might have wanted as a personal souvenir or that he wanted to donate to the Football Hall of Fame.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Considering the value of this jersey based on comparables, (game-worn jerseys for milestone events), this theft constitutes grand larceny.  Every American should care if we have any respect for law & order.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

Not sure I would be Axe.......1. I wouldn't be able to afford it and how does it get stolen with thousands of people in the locker room and nobody seeing who took it? Next up - camera's in the locker rooms? Plus the fact that if I had it , I'd sell it for $500.00! *OK*

There's a joke in there about New England and cameras, but I don't want to be that guy  :D

Don't look now but the Ravens are coming........

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

KilkennyDan wrote:

Considering the value of this jersey based on comparables, (game-worn jerseys for milestone events), this theft constitutes grand larceny.  Every American should care if we have any respect for law & order.

Then why would you walk away from $500,000 in a bag and expect it to still be there?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Axe, I could care less about any of Ben's history making jersey's......I just want him to play great QB on the field!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

sad that Brady and his family or even the HOF can't have it. it's in some guy's basement next to his Brady poster on the wall.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:
KilkennyDan wrote:

Then why would you walk away from $500,000 in a bag and expect it to still be there?

While few are naïve enough to think that they are immune from theft, few would expect that right under the noses of many people and media cameras.  This was a brazen theft, and obviously someone from the inside is the culprit.  Otherwise their actions and presence would have been immediately recognized.

Otherwise, quite frankly, I think your question is insipid. It cannot in any reasonable fashion be connected to the crime - Brady had, uhmm, some other things to do that day other than watch his bag.  And if it could be connected, it makes the victim complicit in the theft.  My point is very simple: should we care? - yes, because everyone should care when grand larceny has been committed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So what that does is take a massive group of potential suspects -- every media member who went into the Patriots open locker room -- down to a shorter list of potential suspects.

That group would be NFL employees, NFL security, Patriots employees, Patriots players and family members of the Patriots.

wow - this says a lot about loyalty!

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The question isn't insipid Dan because most people don't care, period! If you were to take a poll of everybody in the U. S., I think you would find that the only ones that care are the people that root for the Pats. I watched a tele show this morning and my wife had a womens show on and the male host asked the audience if anybody really cares? Because he didn't either. The audience raised their hands and 3 people out of the whole audience raised their hands that they cared. The other 50 to 100 didn't. Now I'll admit it was mostly women in the audience and 3 out of all of them cared. 99% could care less.....Then you have Axe that cares also.... :D

And what is really dumb is White forgot to keep his winning TD football! Yikes! My heart goes out to him...... *JOKINGLY*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimmy Garoppolo stole it and is holding it captive until they dont trade him to the browns

Thank you!: KilkennyDan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

igloo, I really could give a shit what most people think about this matter.  What I believe, and what I have stated a couple of times, is that we should care.  It's not because it's TB's sweaty jersey; we should all care when grand larceny has been committed.  Not caring about a major crime makes one a numbnutz.

Thumbs up Thumbs down