Re: 2017 Blackhawks

ChicagoSports @ChicagoSports Sep 25

Blackhawks agree to terms with Alexandre Fortin http://trib.in/2cUlKe6  via @ChrisKuc

Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc 6h6 hours ago

#Blackhawks release Radovan Bondra, John Dahlstrom, Nathan Noel and Roy Radke from training camp & return them to respective juniors teams.

Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc 3h3 hours ago

Duncan Keith isn't expected to appear in #Blackhawks' first four exhibition games.

Chris Kuc @ChrisKuc Sep 25

Duncan Keith practiced today and his knee felt well enough that he asked to participate in the second practice. He didn't.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Gotta wonder if Alexandre Fortin is lobbying with Richard Panik for No. 14.

Already have Jordan Tootoo wearing No. 22.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Duncan Keith practiced today and his knee felt well enough that he asked to participate in the second practice. He didn't.

I HEARD THIS MORNING THAT DUNKS WILL NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY PRE SEASON AT ALL , WHICH IS OK AS LONG AS IT GET'S HIM CLOSER TO 100% FOR FIRST GAME

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Slow start to say the least , long way to go , big names need to get their chit together , hope the rooks keep making progress .... tho history tells us that the FO and Q are not very patience when it comes to that.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'm attending the rematch of the Hawks first SC in the modern era. I am expecting a repeat - beat Philadelphia!

I am so F!ing happy I could just shit! My first game of the season. Go Hawks! Go Sabres! 'F!' the hockey team from Philadelphia.

Go Cornell Big Red - County Kilkenny - Go Cats!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Flyers brought their Swiss cheese with them.

Hawks jump out to a 4-0 lead. Give up 3 and then get serious and pump in 3 more. Total domination. Provorov looked helpless out there. Nice imaginary line he tripped over for goal 2. goal #5? nah, won't speak of that.

Congrats to M. Hossa for goal #500! Quite an accomplishment and now in the 500 club-congrats.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

KilkennyDan wrote:

I'm attending the rematch of the Hawks first SC in the modern era. I am expecting a repeat - beat Philadelphia!

I am so F!ing happy I could just shit! My first game of the season. Go Hawks! Go Sabres! 'F!' the hockey team from Philadelphia.

I don't think Sabres Nation like one of their own jumping ship to any team for any reason-visit or not. haha

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Idon't think Sabres Nation like one of their own jumping ship to any team for any reason-visit or not. haha

Cat, I am not challenging you.  I genuinely do not understand what you're saying.  Do you think I'm jumping ship from the Sabres!? NFW!  I wear my Sabres sweater to every game regardless of where or who is playing; regardless of the league.

I took my piss-yellow sweater out of retirement for this trip, and you can see a yellow blur about 5 rows behind the net that Hossa potted his 500th into.

I enjoy watching games in Chicago more than any other city.  A lot of that is based on the great fans in the Windy City.  But jump ship from Buffalo?  Really, I'd have no idea of how to do that!

Thank you!: hockeybob

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

39 ( edited by Catfish 10-19-16 11:13)

KilkennyDan wrote:

Idon't think Sabres Nation like one of their own jumping ship to any team for any reason-visit or not. haha

Cat, I am not challenging you.  I genuinely do not understand what you're saying.  Do you think I'm jumping ship from the Sabres!? NFW!  I wear my Sabres sweater to every game regardless of where or who is playing; regardless of the league.

I took my piss-yellow sweater out of retirement for this trip, and you can see a yellow blur about 5 rows behind the net that Hossa potted his 500th into.

I enjoy watching games in Chicago more than any other city.  A lot of that is based on the great fans in the Windy City.  But jump ship from Buffalo?  Really, I'd have no idea of how to do that!

no Dan- i was kidding. no way could you leave the Sabres for the Hawks. That would be like me leaving the Flyers for the Pens or Rangers. Ugh. I've been to the United Center, so fan or not, you can't pass up a chance to go. Hope you had a great time. Hell, you saw 11 goals, which is nice.

i wish i knew now that was you in the yellow sweater. that took guts wearing that. haha.

Thank God for Sports!

Thank you!: KilkennyDan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dan-did you hit up division and rush street afterwards? im sure you had a nice meal downtown as there are so many places to go. My older brother is there right now for a Medical Conference.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm in Chicago on business so I was flying around yesterday.  We did hit the Billy Goat's bar before the game.  I'm going to catch a Wolves game tonight.

I spent 25 years in NYC, and they have some nice eating establishments, but Chicago is one of the great foodie cities on the planet.

Thank you!: Catfish, hockeybob

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

KilkennyDan wrote:

I'm in Chicago on business so I was flying around yesterday.  We did hit the Billy Goat's bar before the game.  I'm going to catch a Wolves game tonight.

I spent 25 years in NYC, and they have some nice eating establishments, but Chicago is one of the great foodie cities on the planet.

i regret while attending college in the west burb's of Chicago, I didn't take advantage of going to more eateries while there. Haven't been back since 2000 and I miss it. Have lots of college buddies as well there asking me to return. We're not 25 anymore and can stay out till the wee hours. Everyone has jobs and kids now. Not the same thing. haha.

Thank God for Sports!

Thank you!: hockeybob

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really like Forsling. 
I really don't like so many rookies on the ice up front.
Bowman should be dealing soon.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

hockeybob wrote:

I really like Forsling. 
I really don't like so many rookies on the ice up front.
Bowman should be dealing soon.

Reports are that TVR is on the block to be moved , still up against the cap not sure they will get much in return for present lineup though.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Friedman report about TVR, not sure what to make of it.    Every non-core Hawks' player is available.   After Saad, Teravainen, Paliotta (signing drama), etc. were moved, I think it's safe to say anybody not named Keith, Kane, Crawford, Toews, Hjalmarsson, and maybe Seabrook could be shipped out for the right price.

With the WC of hockey thing, lots of chatter and then a few sounds in the wind constitute a rumor.   TVR is stuck in Chicago, they have too many dmen that want to play the right side and TVR struggled on the left.   Pokka or TVR will be eligible in the expansion draft, and that trade value will drop as more gms flood the market with depth dmen.     Both play (or prefer to play) the right side at the blueline.   Better to move at least one of them to address the forward position.   Wheeling out 4 or 5 rookies + Tootoo will be able to get some points in the regular season but that's a losing recipe come the spring.   

Since TVR is dirt cheap for a full season after this one, and because he's been very versatile, I would suspect he goes a long way in acquiring a good top 9 forward option.

Something else to keep in mind for possible Hawks trades is the total contracts.   Right now, Bowman has 6 contract slots open for example.      I suspect a few of those are to attract NCAA SRs but the rest will be used to add value to a trade.   Lots of budget teams have Jared Boll types (900K one way contracts) and they'll want to get rid of real dollars in a trade.   Chicago can take on that contract an bury it without negative cap implications.       In other words, look for Bowman to make a larger trade with expensive AHL types.     They're tight against the cap but Bowman still has plenty of money to burn.

Scuderi might retire too, that would free up an additional 1.125 million.   

Dollars available in Rockford+assets (prospects, picks, contract slots), + TVR or Pokka+ existing capspace= plenty of opportunity to land a pretty good top 9 forward on a salary retained transaction.

Thumbs up Thumbs down