Re: so you think you know baseball............

I think Cobb would of just busted down the doors instead of sitting and waiting, haha......If those are wrong, I'll say Honus Wagner, alias the "Flying Dutchman".....

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

My guess will be Jackie Robinson.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Great guesses! this was a hard one...

Jeff Heath,from the Cleveland Indians. heath was a sensitive soul,who played for the Boston Braves. During thier 1948 pennant run.He got offended by an article in the Sporting News.The story bothered "Lord Jeff" so much,he decided to stop by and see the publisher Taylor Spink on his way home after the season concluded."I just want to tell Spink my side of the story"
Unfortunately  Heath's timing was poor. he crossed the Mississippi River in downtown St. Louis at five in the morning. "I decided" said heath, "that the only thing I could do was to drive to the Sporting News office,and sleep into the car until spinks came to work.I assumed it would have been ten or so in the morning.But it was at five so I thought I could just sleep in the parking lot until he arrived. But I became uneasy afaird that some guy own the street would steal my expensive shoes. So I locked the car,and went to see if I could get into the building to doze off, catch a nightwatchman,or janitor.I started knocking and then realized the door was actually unlocked. So I went in and climbed the stairs,and figured I would just camp out at his door. But believe it or not he was already there working!"

taking bets on when the FOURTH ban will start haha

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Name the first,and depending who you believe, the only, Ball Player to hit a baseball completely out of the old Yankee Stadium,during a game.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

damn igloo forbes was it. good work as always.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

alfred41 wrote:

Name the first,and depending who you believe, the only, Ball Player to hit a baseball completely out of the old Yankee Stadium,during a game.

Gotta be the Mick, Mickey Mantle.

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

that's what I would have thought too will............But it is not him.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

23 ( edited by igloofn68 01-24-14 10:34)

Josh Gibson also did it but only played in the negro leagues. Played for Pittsburgh Crawford's and Homestead Greys (Homestead=a suburb very close to the city that is now full of nice restaurants, bars, etc which used to be a dumpy place. I go there a few times a year and eat at one of the nice restaurants or bars ). They say he hit the more homeruns than Barry Bonds in the negro leagues but blacks were not allowed to play in MLB back then. If you can find an authenticated autograph of his, let me know. I've never see one and they would go very steep. Probably over $10,000.00

I also came up with Mantle when you google it, and Josh Gibson?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

reggie jackson?

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Jimmy Foxx?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I was going to say "Mr. October" also. (Reggie Jackson)....... Never heard of Jeff Heath, Alf...... That's 2 votes for Reggie, haha

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Great job igloo! Josh Gibson.
In 1934 the legendary Crawford catcher hit it completely outta the park against the Philadelphia Stars.

One of the most famous legends about Josh.While playing at Forbes field in Pittsburg, He hit a towering drive that no one saw come down. After a long deliberation, the umpire ruled it a home run.A day later while playing in Philly, a ball suddenely dropped outta the sky,and was caught by an alert centerfielder on the opposition. Pointing to Gibson,the umpire ruled,"Your Out!..yesterday in Pittsburg."

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Which ballplayer caught in the opening game of a doubleheader, and then pitched in the second game?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

was this before or after the industrial revolution?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

a clue already? ok lulz. it was in 1932, now I want the scores in both game hahaha

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down