Re: Detroit Red Wings

Wings in good shape.    I really hope the Wild cooperate so the Wings can play the quack quacks, I think that would be an awesome series.   Detroit had their number this year too.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rob Base wrote:

Last week it was "I don't even want them in the playoffs they'll just get swept 0-4 to Chicago!"

Nobody said this.

I speak of the pompatus of love.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

mo, i think (hope?) he meant actual people, as opposed to us, the various incarnations of NFL-Solomon/irregardless.

/me runs like hell

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wings fans and boards will be fun this offseason.     Kenny's going to get haterized much worse than we've seen I think.   The best part is that he's probably going about it the right way.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have no idea who Kenny's even gonna go after this summer. Who's available? Mark Streit, Ryan Whitney and Rob Scuderi are the only guys who really stand out. There's a shortage of good under-30 defenseman who are UFA's. We might be looking at some stop-gaps to let the young guys progress more in the AHL. I don't expect anything more than a 3-year deal for a blue-liner this summer. I don't expect Ian White to get resigned.

Filppula and Cleary will both likely be gone (especially Cleary) so they'll need a forward or two. Derek Roy, PMB, Ryan Clowe, Simon Gagne, Stephen Weiss, Mike Rebeiro and Nathan Horton all UFA's. There are more options up front again.

P.S. It's too early to talk about the summer. I blame Bob for bringing it up.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Never too early.  Holland's work has been done since April 3rd.   He's 3 weeks into his plan through March 1st 2014.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think you guys know my thought on Holland

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was looking at the Wings' record today and saw that they finished 6-6-6 against the Central thanks to the win over the Predators two nights ago. That better not be a bad omen for tonight.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i'll call it a good omen, mo - we're not playing a central division team tonight :)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It better be. I don't feel like buying a new TV.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

22 straight and counting. Wings-Ducks first round starts next week :)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

strong finish by the wings, well-earned playoff berth. 14 goals allowed in the last 11 games, and finally starting to score again. howie pitches back to back shutouts to close it out.

great job, guys.

glad your TV survived, mo :)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ok, ok, not back to back. but i like my version better :P

Thumbs up Thumbs down

FortheLulz wrote:

glad your TV survived, mo :)

Me too. My other TV inexplicably stopped working about a month ago. If the one I'm using now had an unfortunate meeting with my remote tonight I would be without one for a while.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Way to go wings! Wasnt expecting us to ride the strong play of howie into the playoffs but it happened. Good time to get on a roll. Thank god this will be the last year of  10:30 games-unless we get to the finals

Thumbs up Thumbs down