Topic: Detroit Red Wings

I'll start this one. Have it at, fellow Wings fans (and Bob when he finally stops lurking).

I speak of the pompatus of love.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Detroit Red Wings

the rangers have already scored 8 goals tonight. if they can do it, we can, dammit. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

8 goals over the rest of the season ?
If they dont they will surely not make the playoffs .
Im kind of ok with that for some reason. Could be the shortened season. Could be they havent shown they even have much if a chance if they even slip in to the playoffs .

Thumbs up Thumbs down

hey good call Mo. but what about Bob Wiley? and Will and 69

Thumbs up Thumbs down

EvilNeverDies wrote:

8 goals over the rest of the season ?
If they dont they will surely not make the playoffs .
Im kind of ok with that for some reason.

You're not allowed to post here anymore.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No idea, Cutter. I think 69 may still be on what's left of CBS but I could be wrong.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

MyNameIsMaurice wrote:

No idea, Cutter. I think 69 may still be on what's left of CBS but I could be wrong.

why does this conjure a vision of a shipwreck survivor clinging to a floating chunk of debris?

hopefully, we'll spot him and any other victims in the glogs, and steer them to dry land here :)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Red Wings lose the lottery again after severely outplaying their opponent. I don't even know why I watch shootouts anymore, especially after they play well -- but don't score -- during the game. Having Bertuzzi in the lineup would certainly help but they have to go with what they have (or just win before it gets there). They missed so many opportunities to put pucks in the net tonight, which is something I and so many Wings fans have been saying all season. It's like watching the same average movie over and over again and expecting something other than a disappointing ending. I feel like a Cubs fan saying that.

The only real bright spot tonight again was Danny DeKeyser. The kid can play. He's very smart with the puck in all three zones and he uses his body very well on the boards and in front of the net. I'd go as far as saying he's been their second best defenseman since he joined the team, which is completely embarrassing for the rest of the blue line outside of Kronwall. I don't know if I should find solace in DeKeyser or just remain disappointed with the rest of the team.

It's like they're stringing us along with false hope that they'll finally start winning again. They've played well -- or at least well enough to win -- and lost so many times over the past month or so. If they don't make the playoffs this year I'll feel like I wasted every second of watching them play over that time. Why would Datsyuk want to return in 2014? This team has no drive at all. I'm not sure if they're in the process of giving up or they just don't know how to handle the situation they're in right now. Whatever the case is I'm a very disappointed Red Wings fan right now.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

tonight they played damn well, as u said, mo. and also, as u said, they've played well a lot this month but lost. to me, a team with no drive is a team that doesn't play well. there have been examples (opening day, a certain sunday against the blackhawks), but tonight certainly wasn't one of them. i thought most of the team played very well tonight.

the defense - to me, the only disappointments have been kronwall and ericsson. other than them, imo, the rest have played better than we had any right to expect, and have been a pleasant surprise to me.

it's not just in the shootout that they miss bert, they miss him the previous 65 minutes too.

maybe it just wasn't meant to be, but i am only disappointed in the result tonight - not the team.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

The only real bright spot tonight again was Danny DeKeyser. The kid can play. He's very smart with the puck in all three zones and he uses his body very well on the boards and in front of the net. I'd go as far as saying he's been their second best defenseman since he joined the team, which is completely embarrassing for the rest of the blue line outside of Kronwall. I don't know if I should find solace in DeKeyser or just remain disappointed with the rest of the team.

I still cant quote like I did on CBS. anyhow your so right Mo nice to not only see a Western guy on the Wings but hes from Macomb which is close to where I live. hes the real deal and seems to have lapped Brendan Smith already

Im not a big fan of change and all this changing sites is very confusing for someone as computer illiterate as me

....on the bright side I dont have to hear those idiots Steelwood and Burgh Boy

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm a lifelong Detroit resident who has hated bandwagon Wings fans forever, but find myself wanting them to of course make the playoffs. I find it bizarre when Wing fans say stuff like they hope the Wings miss the playoffs. Spoiled brats.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

......and who said that

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just in general. Pals, co-workers, 97.1 callers...locals.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

cutter9394 -

Welcome to Mud-N-Cleats!

To quote a poster and respond you can click on the 'quote' link on the bottom right hand side of the post you wish to quote.

After you click quote you will find the persons post with some html code before and after it ({quote][/quote}).

Simply type in your message and click submit and your post should show the quote followed by your response.

Above the post box on the right hand side you will also find 'You may use: BBCode Image Smilies'.

If you click on any of these links it will open up a separate window that will give you instructions on how to use the different coding on these forums to quote, change color, add bold type, add images, add smilies or imbed youtube videos.

If you have any questions on how to use any of these features or if there is anything we can do to make the time you spend here more enjoyable just let us know and we will accommodate you as quickly as possible.

"She was a charming middle-aged lady with a face like a bucket of mud. I gave her a drink. She was a gal who'd take a drink, if she had to knock you down to get the bottle."

thanks Tim, Im as computer illiterate as it gets. Ill try it again and thanks for having an NHL section hopefully the rest of the gang from CBS migrates here. still waiting for a few regulars

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down