Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

skinny123 wrote:
LAOJoe wrote:
skinny123 wrote:

They only rule it onside as long as you end up bringing the puck inside the zone. If he were to pass it backwards, then he would have to clear the zone again. Another player would take over possession, making the player offside because he no longer has the puck in the zone.

Is that actually written anywhere? Or is it what people are thinking.

It's not written, this would be my best guess. If you're carrying the puck in and it's outside the blueline, as long as you have possession, it's onside.

If you give up possession through a pass, it's legal, as long as the player you pass to skates in after you, you would both be onside, the puck and players are inside the blueline, in the O-zone.

If you were to give up possession through a pass to one of your teamates who is outside the blueline, then when the puck actually gets carried in, you would be offside.

The backwards pass would nullify the onside.

The question is is that interpretation correct or just the BS being fed because it happened? The rule says the player has to have control of the puck when crossing. When he passes it he losses control. I'm am led to believe the refs reviewed it and decided the puck was on the blue when passed. Or to be honest, I feel they were looking to see if he bobbled it and forgot to even look at the line in slow mo. I've seen enough NFL reviews get goofed where they don't overturn an close (but obvious) call or where they look at one thing but ignore the other aspect of the play that needs to be reviewed.

We were going to lose in a shootout. I don't care so much about the point. I just think that even by the current rules this is probably wrong. The NHL just wants to ignore interpreting it publicly.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There is nothing written that says the puck must leave the stick when the puck is at least touching part of the blueline. I have no idea what the interpretation of that would be, judging by that still shot, we still don't see exactly the point where the puck leaves the stick, this all happens real quick, the body, the stick and the puck.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

skinny123 wrote:

There is nothing written that says the puck must leave the stick when the puck is at least touching part of the blueline. I have no idea what the interpretation of that would be, judging by that still shot, we still don't see exactly the point where the puck leaves the stick, this all happens real quick, the body, the stick and the puck.

There is video. I saw it live in-game when they showed like 4 different angles. That still shot isn't proof but I believe that that shot is the instant after the puck was passed.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess he's allowed to transfer possession at the point he's considered onside, as long as the pass ends up going in the O-zone with the player receiving the pass being onside.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Joe, it's your saint day today.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,286 ( edited by LAOJoe 03-19-17 09:03)

Lol. That was random.

But, yes, yes it is.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, I just remembered, I had a pastry at my parents yesterday.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2,288 ( edited by skinny123 03-20-17 10:27)

Leafs sweep the B's in the regular season for the first time since 1925.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was the B's first season ever.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Pretty Impressive... did they catch them yet?

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will wrote:

The leafs have one game in hand and are 1 point back. That means they are actually ahead, anything else you hear is fake news.

Thank you!: Will

Thumbs up Thumbs down

skinny123 wrote:
Will wrote:

The leafs have one game in hand and are 1 point back. That means they are actually ahead, anything else you hear is fake news.

lol... good deal. What a race!

.............................................................................................  Lost my mind........................... I don't mind...

Will's Website

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Will wrote:
skinny123 wrote:
Will wrote:

lol... good deal. What a race!

As long as they make the playoffs, anything else is a bonus.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Like big games?  lol

Good luck!

Will's Website

Thank you!: skinny123

Thumbs up Thumbs down

2-0!!!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down