Topic: Toronto Maple Leafs

Because we need a thread. Leafs up 3-1 in the 3rd. They had 3 goals in 6 shots. At 7 shots right now.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Toronto Maple Leafs

They made them count, see u Saturday blackhawks!

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Leafs are rolling.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Leafs are rolling down the river, bolland and raymond have some chemistry happening, who would of thought all that time in the west competing againt each other.

You never would've been in that position in the first place, if you didn't put yourself in that position.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ima change my sig to "Kessel wants out" :P

speaking of which, has anyone seen IMAleafsfan?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Raymond and Bolland helping to put pts in the standings so far, and that's the most important thing this time of year.   It'll make it easier on Carlyle to manage his beat up players in the winter.

How's JVR doing?     Clarkson back soon too.    Toronto wants to make some noise it seems.

"I'm not god, I'm not a doctor.  I'm closer to a veterinarian than a doctor"- Darryl Sutter

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Leafs are hands down the most injured team this season. And the suspension has made the cap hard to work with. They needed to get cap relief when they put players on IR to get it to work, and only by a few thousand dollars!

Players that have missed games
David Clarkson (Suspension)
Fraser McLaren
Mark Fraser
Nikolai Kulemin
Joffrey Lupul
James Van Riemsdyk
Jay McClement (Baby)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Do the Leafs even want Clarkson back lol. Man what a cap hit. That hurts. He better be good.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jvr is minor injury from what I hear, clarksons back oct.25th, the big decision is wether to send rielly down, 2 assists tonight.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rielly better not go down. He might be the best Dman on the team (his +/- may be a bit down from Franson giving it away twice for goals in one game). The argument that he needs to go down for confidence vs his own age is BS. He has plenty of it right now.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The leafs proved they have mad Forward depth. But is that true on D? They can't really bring up Liles due to cap reasons and noone else outside the current top 6 plus the injured Fraser are "proven". I honestly would not be surprised if someone is traded due to this cap issue. Top targets to go would be the expiring Kulemin and Bozak.

Thumbs up −1 Thumbs down

True, I can't see how playing the jr tournament in sweden will make a huge difference.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

skinny123 wrote:

True, I can't see how playing the jr tournament in sweden will make a huge difference.

Actually the Leafs can still loan him to the Canadian National Junior Team before he plays his 41st game. That would be around world junior times. Odds are that he won't play though. Carlyle didn't let Fowler go.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

14 ( edited by skinny123 10-16-13 08:48)

If he's ready to play up here, then he's ready, he was chosen #5th overall, I heard some scouts saying that he should have gone first.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When Clarkson comes back, things will get even better, that's not to say they don't start losing, but the overall team, becomes a better playoff team. There's always the option of trading reimer for a much needed asset, that's something they could always explore, things are looking up for once.

Thumbs up Thumbs down