Re: latest movies you saw?

Watched "Unthinkable" last night on Netflix although they leave you hanging at the end. Good movie.......Why is Samuel L. Jackson in every other movie that comes out?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I really do not like MMA. make it one thing or the other. Make it wrestling and submission holds or keep it to boxing.

Kind'a defeats the whole purpose. That first M stands for "Mixed" - i.e., you can combine various elements of combat techniques to defeat an opponent. Wrestling is already its own sport. Ditto boxing. Ditto kick-boxing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Stuart: A Life Backwards. Very good documentary-type film starring Benedict Cumberbatch as a writer telling the life story of homeless alcoholic Stuart Shorter (Tom Hardy).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:

Watched "Unthinkable" last night on Netflix although they leave you hanging at the end. Good movie.......Why is Samuel L. Jackson in every other movie that comes out?

leave u hanging with the villain or the bombs going off ?

jackson is not even a good actor to be in so many movies. and since many are straight to dvd, it's not like he's making a lot for them. he sucks in Kong: Skull Island.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AxeMurderer wrote:

Stuart: A Life Backwards. Very good documentary-type film starring Benedict Cumberbatch as a writer telling the life story of homeless alcoholic Stuart Shorter (Tom Hardy).

oh boy - our boy hardy is in it. hopefully he's better than his usual self. i did like him in warrior though. i will have to check it out.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1,476 ( edited by igloofn68 03-20-17 01:06)

Catfish wrote:
igloofn68 wrote:

It left me hangin as to whether there was a 4th bomb.......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

igloofn68 wrote:
Catfish wrote:
igloofn68 wrote:

It left me hangin as to whether there was a 4th bomb.......

lol - ok.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

oh boy - our boy hardy is in it. hopefully he's better than his usual self.

I thought you said you liked Hardy...???

If you mean mumbling, forget it - he's a druggie and an alcoholic in this.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AxeMurderer wrote:

oh boy - our boy hardy is in it. hopefully he's better than his usual self.

I thought you said you liked Hardy...???

If you mean mumbling, forget it - he's a druggie and an alcoholic in this.

i do like hardy. just saying he mumbles a lot. haha

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

i do like hardy. just saying he mumbles a lot. haha

He definitely does in this movie! LOL!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

although i saw the original, the new live action beauty and the beast shattered a ton of records worldwide! wow. $180 mil i think opening weekend world wide. that's nuts.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Watched Passengers with Chris Partt and Jennifer Lawrence last night and thought it was average. Twas a looong movie. I thought the beginning was really slow and long.......

Thumbs up Thumbs down

yeah igloo-saw it months ago. not a fan.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

new beauty and the beast. i saw it for free. would never pay to see it. not even close to as good as the original. same story but just flat all over. the artistry to the cartoon can't be replicated by live action for this. the cartoon was the first cartoon ever to be nominated for BEST PICTURE when it was only 5 nominees. that's saying something special. this falls flat. the beast isn't scary and unlike the cartoon you can't see his features that well or his despair or compassion. his mannerisms from the cartoon along with the coffer pot and cup, the candlestick and clock make the movie. now they are just additions that don't add anything to it.

and they said Emma Watson does her own singing? the voice doesn't sound like her voice and it doesn't look like she's belting out the song compared to her mouth. it looks dubbed.

Thank God for Sports!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Two older movies directed by Paul Newman and starring his wife Joanne Woodward:

Rachel, Rachel

The Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds

Both were good, slow-paced, slice-of-life movies.

Thumbs up Thumbs down