Re: latest movies you saw?

i never bought the argument about the stooges and cartoons. i think kids are intelligent enough to realize that they're intended to be funny, and that u can't actually drop safes on people, or hit them in the face with a hammer, and expect nothing more than a "why, i oughta..."

i think video games are simply another symptom of the same issue, and i'm more talking about adults than kids.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

some really violent games now though. kids are hooked on them like crack.

Baseball season is almost here !

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The movie I am looking forward to seeing the most is 'Enders Game'.

"She was a charming middle-aged lady with a face like a bucket of mud. I gave her a drink. She was a gal who'd take a drink, if she had to knock you down to get the bottle."

i watched Get Low last night, starring robert duvall, sissy spacek and bill murray. directv described it as a comedy, and i have no idea why. it is not even a little funny. it's a very serious movie about a guy who decides to throw a funeral party for himself while he's still living. damn good film.

i figured it was a good sign when i recognized jerry douglas playing in the soundtrack. it was.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

lulz. i saw that. a good flick.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

FortheLulz wrote:

what bothers me the most about no country is chigur's weapon. i just don't buy it. yes, i know it can do what it did - that's not the problem. the problem is that it's an awkward thing to lug around and doesn't do anything a conventional gun with a silencer wouldn't do. best i can figure, that rig's gonna weigh 30 pounds, and possibly significantly more. it strikes me as something included on a "hey, how cool would this be?" basis. the only person i could see using such a weapon on anything but a one time basis would be a lunatic - and unless my memory of the film is flawed, chigur struck me as a sociopath, but not a lunatic who'd put himself at risk for the sake of having a cool weapon.

I really didn't like that movie at all.

"I'm Sick of These FREELOADERS opposed to the new gas tax." Governor Jerry Brown of California announcing his $51B new tax on motorists.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tim wrote:

The movie I am looking forward to seeing the most is 'Enders Game'.

At first I was incredibly disappointed about them making the movie at all - Harrison Ford just looked disinterested and hammy in the previews. But after seeing some of the special effects, I'm interested. I think I'll watch it if just to see how they go about it all, especially the early time in the academy.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

just watched the documentary  BLACK=FISH  on netflix
I recomend it....kinda  sad , but a story that needs to be told  8)

In the time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey

Thumbs up Thumbs down

thanks dm ill check it out.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just finished watching Kick-Ass 2.  What a ridiculously amazing franchise.  I had 0 expectations when I watched the first one and thought it would suck.  Now, I wish they just made Hit Girl movies because she might be one of the most badass heroes out there.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

and she's 16 or 17 in real life!!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

just watched FLIGHT on netflix....  Denzell Washington as a heroic / alcoholic  PILOT....John Goodman  is great in this but is only in  two scenes....pretty good , has  a leaving lasVegas vibe *SHADES*

In the time of Chimpanzees I was a Monkey

Thumbs up Thumbs down

dm i saw it and the entire premise is a one trick pony though. didnt like it.

saw fast 6. they get worse and worse. sad to think that is the second to last movie paul walker ever made.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

saw JOBS last night. what an ahole. good movie. kutcher was better than i expected.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saw "The Wrong Man" on TCM the other night -- good Henry Fonda flick about a man wrongly accused of robbery and the impacts it has on his family.

Also liked "Remember the Night" with Barbara Stanwyck and Fred MacMurray.

Thumbs up Thumbs down