Pittsburgh Penguins

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Penguins' started by smcndfan, Apr 17, 2013.

1. firehalo

firehalo M.V.P. Penguins Steelers

2. mattymcgee55

mattymcgee55 Legend Bruins

Good read, even for an Armpittsburgh player.

3. firehalo

4. firehalo

Here's a thought on why it's a good idea to play Murray the rest of the way and to feel fine about MAF leaving the Penz. I was looking at Fleury's stats and comparing him to reality-MAF. His post season performance is overachieving at this point and a letdown would be reasonably expected. He won 18 games in the regular season and lost 17 (10 in regulation/7 in OT & shootouts). That is not spectacular by any stretch of the imagination. I think Muzz was 32-10-4. MAF put out a 3.02 GAA and Murray flashed a 2.41.

Post season MAF: 9-6/2.56 GAA/.924 Sv%. Like I said, overachieving. Although Fleury has been more than serviceable and at times amazing, during his time in the Golden Triangle, with Murray here and Jarry in the shadows, I won't be as sad to see him go. I honestly could see the Penz buying Fleury out ($1.9M/yr X 2) after this season.

5. mattymcgee55

mattymcgee55 Legend Bruins

buy out would be 4 years at $1.9. its twice the length of the existing deal at 1/3 the AAV.
    worth it if they cant figure something else out. pretty big blunder though if the Pens have to do that and they dont win the whole thing this year.

6. firehalo

7. firehalo

Looks like MAF already made an agreement with GMJR back in February. Pretty good poker faces from the Penz top to bottom. Congrats to Las Vegas for landing a top-notch goalie and an even better person from my understanding.

8. firehalo

9. firehalo

Cool pic with the Punjabi radio crew and Bonino holding some hardware.
    [​IMG]