Mayweather-McGregor looming...?

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Catfish, May 18, 2017.

1. Catfish

Catfish Hall-of-Fame Patreon Gold Flyers Eagles

2. Tim

Tim Administrator Commissioner

I would pay the $60 for the pay-per-view and enjoy every minute of Floyd refusing to knock him out while slapping him at will for the entire fight, just to win a unanimous decision and talk a lot of smack.

Heads would explode in frustration at watching it, while I laughed my ass off.

3. Catfish

i just don't see how McGregor agreed to be in a boxing match with one of the best boxers ever. Much like I would see Floyd not agreeing to a MMA style match against McGregor. The match is stupid !

4. Catfish

5. Underdog

Underdog Franchise Player Patriots

Most shameless money grab ever.

This thing will make Rocky vs. Thunderlips look legit.

6. Catfish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

at least Rocky and Thunderlips fought to charity! McGregor and Mayweather are keeping their multi cash grab millions !

7. Catfish

8. dlinebass5

dlinebass5 Franchise Player Bears

That's all it is, is a circus. McGregor has no problem losing for the biggest purse he'll ever have, and making money/getting exposure from the lead up. Mayweather, apparently, needs the money. More importantly, he's also looking at his biggest purse for a single fight, and one he knows he won't lose. Add merchandising/etc. into it for him, as well, and they both stand to make enough cash that I don't think the fight really even matters, to them.

9. skinny123

skinny123 Legend Maple Leafs

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

10. Catfish

the odd thing is only a few years ago mcgregor needed living assistance from the government and had no money! he got $60,000 for some knockout fight and that started his career. he was basically broke before that like in 2010 or 2011.

11. skinny123

Conor's talking shit, he won't get any shots in.

12. Catfish

he said he will knock mayweather out cold by rd 4.

13. skinny123

Nobody knocks out Mayweather, he's the ultimate blocker. Conor's used to combining kicking and grappling, he isn't a professional puncher.

14. Catfish

yeah - pretty silly for a grapper to be in a ring with a puncher and he can't grab him.

15. skinny123

It's probably fixed.

16. Catfish

who knows. probably. mayweather should just outpoint him to death. 12 rds of style points. total waste of time and money invested in this fiasco.